Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Book Blurb Friday #35: "Let's Go to Church"


"Let's Go to Church"
by Kathy Matthews

Anna knew that the time had come to turn her life around. 

Getting saved at the age of eleven was one of the highlights over Anna's past ten years.  A rebellious teenager after her parents' divorce, Anna hadn't been walking with the Lord for quite a while. It certainly showed.  Her marriage of six months was in shambles, and there was constant arguing in front of the baby.  

Anna talked it over with Ronny, who agreed give church a try.  They decided to visit at least ten different ones to see if they could find a church that is a good fit for their little family.  This book is the diary of their search for a church.  

A great book; parishioners and church staff alike will learn a lot from it.  How do you find the right church?  How does your church appear to newcomers?  An insightful and informative read! (150)



I am participating in Lisa's Book Blurb Friday, from over at Writing in the BuffThank you to Ashley Ortiz for this beautiful photo.  

It is fun, and you can play too!  Pretend that the picture above is the cover of a book.  On the inside jacket, you have 150 words to entice the reader to buy your book.  Lisa gives us a week to think about next week's entry (she's gracious like that).  Please CLICK HERE  to read what everybody else wrote!


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

4 comments:

S K Ditta said...

Hi Kathy, so Anna it is indeed! As metioned before, I again like your use of simple language. A very personal story. Excellent questions. Thank you, Kathy.

(Also, I very much like your picture slideshow.)

Kay L. Davies said...

It would certainly be interesting to read the book to find out how they choose, and whether they both like the same church or not, and if they take the baby into consideration.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Grammy Goodwill said...

I was ready to leave for the library to check out this book. Then I remembered your writing exercises from before and realized I'd been "suckered in" - for the lack of a better literary way of expressing myself.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

GREAT blurb. I would buy this book in a heartbeat. I've done the church hopping, wanting so badly to find the right fit. Nice one! Sorry I'm so late to read your blurb.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":