Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Fishing at Paulina Lake:


Yesterday, we went up to Paulina Lake with Cary's mom, Darlene, and his brother, Larry.  Darlene is nearly 83, and she has been fishing this lake since the early 1970's.




The weather was mild and the skies were blue.  Until the end of the day, it wasn't even very windy.




Some folks on the shore were even swimming, sunbathing and enjoying their picnic lunches.  Back at the lodge, there was a pig roast and band playing, but we kind of missed all of that.




Larry drove the boat as Darlene worked on organizing her tackle box.






Cary caught the first fish of the day, and slipped it into the live tank.






Larry caught the next one.




The guys worked together, as those fish kept on biting.  We lost as many as we caught yesterday though.




My spot was on the sunbathing deck.  It was actually a really good place to be.  I'm not really 200 lbs., I was wearing my hoodie underneath my windbreaker:




Darlene was sitting on the side of the boat, which gave her plenty of room to cast out.

Then it happened!  My turn!  This is the first time that I have caught a fish in several years.  I attribute it to being able to use my favorite fishing pole again, an old faded red one left behind by Cary's friend "England Tony".   Here is my first fish:



I was pretty excited:





 


It was a nice Rainbow Trout:



Darlene patiently waited for her catch of the day:



Cary was busy catching more:



A couple of ducks swam by to check out the action:





We caught our limit, which was 20 fish!  Cary strung them together and held them up so we could admire our work.  He said, if anybody asks, just tell them it took us only and hour and a half to get that many.  It actually took us five and half hours, but we had a great time. 






We went back to the lodge, unloaded the boat and then went over to the store to get our pictures taken:





It was a very good day at the lake.

Hope that you all had a fun weekend too.

~ Kathy M.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

7 comments:

Helen said...

The photos are amazing! What great shots of the lake, the people the FISH! OK, I've lived here over seven years and haven't been to Paulina Lake. Not good!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, Helen! Well you must go. It is only 13 miles off the highway and there is so much to see and do there. I know what you mean though, I haven't been to Crater Lake in 25 years, and it is only an hour away. It is time for us to do that pretty soon.

Kathy

Peter said...

I see you took good care of the trout by wrapping it in a towel :)
Love those pictures! And your honesty!

Linda Reeder said...

Great fun! Now I want to see those trout fried up in a pan! Yum!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

What a view! Wow! And that rainbow trout is gorgeous. We fish Lake Lanier but have never caught that many all at one time. Nice!

Connie said...

That looked like the perfect way to spend a day. Congratulations on your catch.
Kathy, you are such a sweet friend, I am so glad that I found you. Connie :)

Little Nell said...

You look as if you were having a great time but fishing is one thing you'll never 'catch' me doing:)

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":