Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sepia Saturday #182: Cary in 1968





Yes, I am still alive, my Sepia Saturday friends.   Ever since I have began working at the child care center in March, my blogging has gone down to the bare minimum.  Life has gotten in the way, but I did want to share this picture of Cary with you today:



While in the Air Force and stationed in Pakistan, he got his picture taken on the back of some guy's donkey.  When I saw the prompt photo, I just had to post this one.  

Back when I was spending 3-4 hours a day each morning on the computer, I would have researched and scanned the other things that Cary has from that time period.  But, instead this post will be short and sweet with only one picture of a tall and handsome young man.

Hope that you have all been doing well.  I think of you each Saturday, but even if I had an idea of what to post I didn't want to if I couldn't return your visit in a timely manner.

~ Kathy M.

So, there you are, my friends.  If you enjoyed this story, please visit my Sepia Saturday friends by "CLICKING HERE" to find other neat photos and stories.  To read more about my family and other stories featuring old photos, memories and more, please look for this picture of me and my dad on the left-hand sidebar and read whatever else catches your fancy.  Thanks so much for visiting!



Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

14 comments:

Tammy said...

Awwww - what a cutie! I know the feeling about blogging. I'm currently on a borrowed computer since mine's been sent to Houston to be repaired. Great to read your post, though, and hope your job is going well!

Terra said...

Handsome guy on the little donkey.

Joan said...

Good choice of pictures. Enjoyed it. I totally understand the bit about life gets in the way. My blogging has been hit and miss, much to my dismy.

Alex Daw said...

I can't resist donkeys - they are so cute. And I can understand your not being able to resist Cary ;)

Nigel Aspdin (Derby, UK) said...

Am I imagining it, or is the local donkey rider examining a dollar bill, the consideration for the loan of the donkey ??

Brett Payne said...

Great photo, thanks for sharing it. We all have spells where real life just gets too busy to permit making a proper job of Sepia Saturday.

Sharon said...

Two posts of donkeys this week that have both made me smile.

This is a wonderful photo and reminds me of Egypt.

Little Nell said...

Very cute - Cary, not the donkey. I hope Cary hopped off quickly. The poor old donkey has his ears down and is looking very miserable; I don't suppose he had much of life. I have soft spot for donkeys and this one looks in need of rescuing. I'm glad you joined us this week.

Anonymous said...

I've missed so many Sepia Saturday's lately that I didn't know who else was missing. Glad you made it this week and thanks for stopping by my blog. That donkey needs longer legs!

Bob Scotney said...

Now if Cary's legs had been a bit longer and touched the ground perhaps the donkey would not have looked so down in the mouth.

Wendy said...

I do believe Cary could have scuffed up his shoes riding that little donkey. What a hoot. (Glad to see you on SS this week. Let's see if you can make it 2 in a row. LOL)

Postcardy said...

That's a cute picture, but I feel sorry for the donkey.

nutschell said...

ooh love the pictures. Cary seems to be enjoying the donkey ride!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Thanks for sharing the photo - does Cary remember what he was thinking whilst atop the donkey?

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":