Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April's Newberry Eagle Interview:

Please scroll down for The Letter "W",  which is the next post down.

Back in March, a reporter from the The Newberry Eagle, Wendy Korn, came to interview me.  The Newberry Eagle is a monthly community newspaper, and they were doing an Arts and Entertainment special for the month of April.  In the article about me, Wendy focused on "The Art of Blogging".   

I have been waiting to see if it would come out in a digital format, but so far it hasn't, so I scanned the article and am putting it on here for you to see, before more time goes by.  Sorry that it is a little blurry, but it is all I have to offer today!


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

It isn't my favorite picture in the world of me, but Wendy really did a great job on the article, and others seem to like the picture fine. Sure glad that we got our new well, so that my hair is no longer this orange-red!  


It is true that once you get your blog set up that you can spend a couple of hours a week on it.  I have consistently spent at least 4 hours a day (or more) for 2 1/2 years though, to get all of this accomplished.  I have had a lot of time on my hands during this same time though, have no kids at home, and a supportive husband. 

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Now, I'm working on getting a store front for my craft business.  I'll let you know more about that as the project progresses.


If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

9 comments:

liberal sprinkles said...

Kathy, I didn't know you were working on 20 new blogs!!!
I enjoyed reading the interview and that list of blogs that were highlighted. You've accomplished so much in such a short time, WELL DONE! I really do enjoy your posts, especially the "sepia" ones, I love reading about the history and the characters.

Thanks for that feedback on my copyright post, I will get round to writing a reply soon!
Grace

larainydays said...

How cool to be featured like that. I hope you got a lot of new readers!

Diann said...

Congrats! That is awesome!

Kim, USA said...

Congratulations Kathy!! I think you are the only blogger I've known to have 20 blogs and to be featured in your newspaper there is worth it. Happy Wednesday!

nutschell said...

oh wow! you are one busy lady! Congratulations on being featured and best of luck on your store front.
nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Lynn said...

How fantastic! Great article and you really are amazing with all that you accomplish!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

The picture is great! I'm thrilled that your efforts have been publicized. I don't know how you do it all, but I'm glad you do!

Hootin Anni said...

This, my friend, is so darned cool!!!! I'm a friend of a blog star. We all need to get it going somewhere in USA...a walk of blog fame. You'd be the first!!!

Here is my Thursday post if you care to view it:

Heart of Stone [literally]

Hope your day has been treating you well.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, everybody! I sure do appreciate your support. :>)

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":