Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

This and That Wednesday:

Hello, Friends!

What's up?  Well, around here, the main excitement is getting ready for the carpet cleaners.  It actually is exciting, because that job has been put off for way too long.  They will be here in the morning, and I have been moving things out of the way in preparation.  This led to me deciding to rearrange the living room furniture after they are all done cleaning.  If I'm lucky, they will help me move the couches right then and there, and Cary can help me with the t.v. when he gets home.  

So, I have been deep cleaning as I go along.  I seem to have bothered my shoulder with all of this work, but it is worth it.  It seems funny that I have removed so much from the living room and it still looks very full.  Yesterday, I set up the little vignette below.  I haven't put up pictures and wall hangings prior to moving the furniture before, but I think this will work out nicely.  This little end table will go between the couch and love seat:

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

I want to use the bottom of the hutch as a t.v. stand, and needed to find a new place for the top of it.  There really was only one spot that could support it safely, and that is the dresser in our master bath.  I am very pleased at how this room has turned out.  It is non-traditional, but this has to be the best and prettiest bathroom that I have ever had!
 
Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

So, this is my view as I am soaking in the tub.  It makes me happy to have all of this cheery ME stuff!  To see the post when I reworked the bathroom this summer, please "CLICK HERE".

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

I'll show you the living room and dining room when they are all done.  It is nice to get the house clean before winter hits.

My son Nigel called last night and told me that when he tested for his Microsoft Word and Office exam in the Job Corps a couple of months ago, he got a score of 1000 out of 1000.  Yesterday, he received a certificate and a letter of congratulations for being number five in the whole nation to accomplish this!  Way cool, Nigel, we are so proud of you. 

Have a wonderful day everybody, and God bless ya! 

Kathy M.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

3 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

That quilt is beautiful. Congratulations to Nigel. That is quite an accomplishment.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, Grammy.

Kim, USA said...

I don't wonder why like mother like son ^_^

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":