Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Sky Watch: Tornado Clouds @ Kansas State Football Game

Last September, my best friend husband was attending a Kansas State football game with my stepson Randy,  and grandsons Tyler and Cameron.  During the game, the spectators were asked to move inside for awhile due to these fierce looking clouds.  Cary took these awesome shots:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Cary Matthews Photos


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Cary Matthews Photos


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Cary Matthews Photos
These crazy students didn't retreat though.  They held their ground, and nothing bad ended up happening, thank goodness.  When Tyler and Cameron walked by them earlier on, they read Tyler's name tag and shouted  "Tyler Matthews, we want you!"   and, to Cameron they chanted, "Little blond boy, we want you too!"


I would have been so freaked out if I was there!   Oh, besides this being Sky Watch Friday, I also wanted to mention that yesterday, Kansas State gave Tyler a verbal offer to play as their quarterback in 2012.  First, TCU and now Kansas State.  Remember, Tyler is still a junior in high school.  That is such wonderful news, Tyler.  We are thrilled for you.  Here is a link to more about that:  http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/player-Tyler-Matthews-106949Tyler Matthews

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Cary Matthews Photos
 This was taken the day of the game and tornado clouds.


Well, Tyler is really cuter than that picture shows, but I wanted to show you with him behind that particular desk.  Here is another one of Tyler, with us:

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


  Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
Here is one of the little blond boy with his Grandpa Cary.
Before Randy made Cary get his hair and beard cut.


I am submitting this to SkyWatch Friday.  Please  CLICK HERE  to see some other awesome sky photos:




If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

14 comments:

Dorincard said...

Lots of interesting things to read and see, throughout your blogs! :)

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thanks, Dorin. I try!

forgetmenot said...

Kathy, I remember that--those are certainly ominous looking clouds--great shots of the stadium and sky. That has to be exciting for your Grandson (yes, he is "cute"). Hope he chooses K-State!! You must be extremely proud--and definitely should be. Have a great weekend. Mickie

laraine@eddfam.com said...

The cloud shots look like the ominous sky just before the aliens land and take over earth.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Mickie, I'll tell Cary you liked his pictures; they are something. Yes, it is very exciting about Tyler. We'll see where he chooses.

Laraine,
I KNOW!!! I can only assume that the Men in Black did an excellent job that day, as usual.

Unknown said...

Well even though we are Jayhawk fans here I wish your grandson the best of luck in wherever he choses to play.

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

How exciting for your grandson i know where he chooses to go they will be Blessed to have him! Such great pictures.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Your grandsons are both so handsome (as is your hubby) and you look fantastic! So proud and happy.

Those clouds are freaky. Great pics, though.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi LV, Nichole, Alicia and Lisa:

Thanks for your best wishes and comments about the photos. I'll keep you posted!

Unknown said...

It looks like a wave in the ocean! Scary but beautiful... thanks for sharing^^v

Amiko
http://maipikucha.blogspot.com

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Amiko, I thought the very same thing that you did. Thanks for visiting!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Lisa, I agree. Matthews are lookers!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

I didn't mean about me ... I meant the part about Cary and the boys, lol!

Unknown said...

Congrats on his choice. I'm sure he will be happy and do very well.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":