Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Easy BBQ Chicken Tenders:

This was so easy, and it turned out to be really, really good.  I dug these chicken tenders out of the freezer, and I think that I probably paid around $6.00 for the bag on sale.  There are no bones to be found, making them very easy to eat and cut with a fork.


I dumped the frozen chicken tenders into a crock pot turned to high heat.  Then, I poured a cup of HOT water over the top of the tenders, to loosen them up and unstick them.


Then, I added a jar of BBQ sauce:



After that, I made sure that everything was well coated with the sauce, and let everything cook in the crock pot for a couple of hours. 



I could have just kept them in there and cooked them for longer, but I had gotten a late start.  So, I turned the oven on to 400* and placed the chicken into a baking pan.




I ladled the rest of the sauce onto the chicken, prepared some potatoes to bake, and the put everything into the oven for about an hour (until the taters were done.)





What a good, easy dinner!  I should have made some 
peas to go along with it, but I didn't.  
If you make this dinner, I hope you enjoy it!



If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

4 comments:

Donnie said...

That would probably work with chicken breasts too. Looks really yummy.

Gloria said...

Looks delicious, Kathy! I love any kind of chicken and I love baked potatoes too, so I would have enjoyed this as much as you did. I really like your cherries plate too -- very pretty!
Best,
Gloria

LV said...

This looks so good and tasty. Sorry I missed out not being there. I do not cook much for just me anymore. I certainly enjoy what others prepare.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Donnie, I'm sure that it would work great with chicken breasts. In a way, that is what that bag of chicken was, just smaller. To make this even better, I bet that if we put them on the BBQ at the end instead of in the oven, they would be even better.

Hi Gloria, thanks! Then I know that you would love this easy dinner. :>)

Hi LV, I wish that you were here that night too! I bet that these would be easy to freeze in small ziplocks and then you could just heat them up when you were hungry.

Kathy M.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":