Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, April 1, 2011

April's A - Z Challenge: My Pictures Beginning With The Letter "A"

  
Today is the first day of the A - Z Challenge, which is hosted by Arlee Bird.  Several of my blogging friends are participating, and as of this morning, there were over 1,000 participants.  It is easy, but you need to stick with it.  You post everyday, except for Sundays, and work your way through the alphabet.  

Just as importantly, when you sign up to participate, you are agreeing to visit the other bloggers who are in the challenge.  One thing that I really like about this meme is that when others visit, they see your whole blog, not just that post.

The fun part is that you get to choose the way to do it.  Some are choosing words.  I am choosing to post past photos that I have taken, except for the letter itself (I'll be getting those of of Live Search/Bing.)  I am going link up to the posts where the photos originated from too.  So, here we go!

The Letter "A"
 


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
Cary gave me my "Princess Angel" and the pretty crucifix.
These were featured in a Tablescape that I made last Christmas.  Too see more, please CLICK HERE.      


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
This vintage "Happy Apple" is happy to be part of this Vintage Kids Tablescape:  Tablescape #6 ~ One For The Kids


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
My friend April gave me this Angel for my birthday last year.
Please click here to read that story!


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
This is the A-Frame behind us.  
If you want to see the inside, please CLICK HERE.             


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

In 2000, I was in New Orleans holding this Baby Alligator.  
To read more about that, please click on this link:  "Swamp People" Review and Kathy's Alligtor Field Trip to Louisiana


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
This Alligator is in the story above.


Please stop by tomorrow and see what 
I figure out for the "Letter B"!

Click here to visit other folks who have accepted this challenge!


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

11 comments:

liberal sprinkles said...

very nice start to the challenge Kathy. I want to see the A-frame house, but I don't see the link!

Maude Lynn said...

What a cute idea!

Unknown said...

Being a fellow Oregonian, I stopped by here first. I am doing the A-Z as well. Very nice concept. Looking forward to following you every day.
Monica
A Mother's Touch

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi, Grace, Mama Zen and Monica! Thanks so much for stopping by. Now I'm off to visit you.

Kathy M.

Donnie said...

That was fun. Reminds me of Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday. We're up to Z next week.

Hannah said...

Wow, I would love to hold a baby alligator!! Great addition for the A of today.

Hart Johnson said...

Oh, great pics! Though even a little bitty alligator scares me... And great to see you're in Oregon! I lived there for a long time and still miss it a lot. I think of it as my heart state.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Terrific way to meet the challenge, Kathy! I've not seen another like it. Looking forward to B-Z now. :)

Hootin Anni said...

Okay....foolish and a kid at heart within my psyche and soul, I must say that I like the Kid's Tablescape best of all.

Arkansas Patti said...

Great start for A. Gosh,I hope you really don't have to visit all 1000members each day. Yikes.
I always wanted an A frame home. Kind of late now.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thanks, Ladies!

Donnie - I haven't checked that out yet, but I love seeing your A-Z photos each week.

Hannah - He was cute! I wish that I had the camera and technology then that I have now, I would have gone nuts with photos on that trip.

Hart, I LOVE that ... Oregon being your heart state. Where did you live?

Lisa, thanks, blend.

Anni, I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I loved the bright colors in that too, and the vintage toys. One of my all time favorites.

Hi Patti, no way! The host has 6 helpers to make sure that everybody gets a visit. I'm counting by 5's right now. Lisa says that there is a random generator too.

Have a wonderful weekend, and I'm off to visit you, if I haven't already.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":