Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

McPherson, Kansas: Pretty Houses



As I walked down beautiful South Maple in downtown McPherson, I fell in love with this little town. Located one block off of Main Street was a tree lined peaceful neighborhood with huge older homes.  Some of them were for sale, and my jaw dropped at how low the prices are, compared to the Northwest.



This lovely historic home is called The Bixby House, and was built in 1879.  Totally updated on a huge lot, this four bedroom home is only $149,900.  I also found a 1910 two bedroom house on the same street for only $79,900.  You can easily spend that much on a manufactured home with no land for that amount where we live.




Here is some more eye-candy, if you enjoy this sort of thing:























And, do you want to know the best part?  There are many good manufacturing jobs actually available in this town that pay $15 - $20 an hour to start, with full benefits.  I am not joking.  The schools are good, the people are so nice, and, um, they have a winning football team with one of the best high school quarterbacks in the nation.   I'm just sayin'.



1 comment:

BECKY said...

Kathy, love the photos of all these beautiful homes! If I was younger, I'd move there!! :)

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":