Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Tuna Noodle Casserole Tutorial:


Yesterday afternoon, I was hankering for tuna noodle casserole.  So, I gathered up all my materials and got to work.

First, I got the egg noodles cooking on the stove.  If you are in a hurry to eat, I would throw in the frozen peas with the noodles.  
 

(Note to self, next time you plan on doing a cooking tutorial with pictures, scrub down the burners first!)


Next, grab that can opener and scoop the large can of cream of mushroom soup into a large bowl.  If you didn't cook the peas with the noodles, toss them into the bowl next.  Open up your two large cans of tuna.  Dump in the first can, juice and all.  Drain the juice from the second can, and put that tuna into the bowl.


Slice up the fresh mushrooms and chop up half an onion.  If you are in a hurry, go ahead and saute the onion first.  Add a bit of salt and pepper and any other spices that you like.



Place bowl contents into a casserole dish.  I like to put my baking dishes on a cookie sheet, just in case they bubble over.




 Add some slices of cheese ...


 and top with seasoned croutons.


Cover with aluminum foil, shiny side next to the food, and bake for two hours at 350*.  If your peas and onions are pre-cooked,  45-60 minutes should work fine.


Enjoy!



At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

5 comments:

Connie said...

Hi Kathy, That looks so good.
I have never made it with a cheese and mushroom topping, but what a yummy idea :)

Enjoy all the little candy beggars, who come knocking on your door tonight :)
Connie

Little Nell said...

That looks lovely. one of my favourite combinations, tuna and pasta. Unfortunately I'm cutting carbs at the moment so no pasta :(

Kathy A. Johnson said...

You made me nostalgic for a dish my mom made when I was a kid, called Tuna Supreme! It was almost like a tuna souffle and I really liked it. Unfortunately, the recipe got lost over the years.

Tammy said...

I haven't had tuna noodle casserole in ages...and that looks DELICIOUS! Thanks for the idea and the recipe!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I've just eaten - but this makes me feel hungry all over again! :)

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":