Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

1960's and 1970's Sunday School Postcards:


I don't know about you, but these kinda make me feel a bit guilty.  I haven't been to Sunday School for a long time.



















I hope that you are all having a great Sunday!  If you haven't been here for a bit (hey, I've barely been around this joint myself), please check out the post below for an update and for pictures of our grandson Tyler Matthews first time on the field as TCU's quarterback.

Hugs,

Kathy M.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

12 comments:

Terra said...

What an entertaining collection of Sunday School postcards, I may have received one or two as a child. Are these your cards? I look forward to church and then 49ers vs Packers today.

Connie said...

Hi Kathy, What fun, watching your grandson on TV . . . I've never been into football that much, but if I had a grandson playing that would all change :)
It sounds like you are taking on more, and more at work. They are blessed to have you.
Have a lovely week and keep smiling.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

So exciting about your grandson being quarterback! That's got to be such a thrill!

And thanks for sharing the Sunday School postcards...they made me smile this morning. :)

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

I taught Sunday school for many many years, and those post cards remind me of the sort of thing I sent to students when they missed class. (Nothing like a little guilt to get 'em back, right?)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know yet such postcards from Sunday school. But then, we might never have missed. Great collection!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

So cool about your grandson! You've got to be so excited for him and proud of him. Keep us posted!

The postcards are great. The little girl with the short-short bangs looks like me in first grade after my mother had a mishap with the scissors during a trim. LOL

forgetmenot said...

Kathy, I love these church postcards--I have sent many similar ones out. I have been teaching Sunday School for more years than I want to count. How exciting to have Tyler play in the game. I'll bet he was elated and I'm sure you were as proud as could be. I'll try to catch some of their games. We are going on a 3 week trip to Africa on Wednesday, but there will still be plenty of "football season" left when I get back. Take care and "Hugs" to you too. Mickie:)

Wendy said...

My Baptist friends used to receive cards like that, but I don't recall seeing them at my church.

Little Nell said...

Well that's new to me, chasing the absentees to make sure they attend next week.

Debora said...

Those cards are just charming! I would love getting something like that in the mail from church. Actually, our pastor does send little notes from time to time and I love that personal touch.

Linda Reeder said...

I don't think I ever got a Sunday School card, but maybe it's because my mother made sure I was always there! Not so much anymore.
These are fun!

Pamela said...

I remember the chair was empty one. We rarely missed Sunday School (or any other service!) when I was a child. I taught a lot of years, too. Now we attend a mega church and they have small groups. We haven't attended one yet although 2 Sunday's a month I go to a writer's group after service. Not sure that counts as Sunday School!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":