Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Early Oregon ~ Postcards to Litha: M. Horan, The Wenatchee Apple King

Last Friday I posted a couple of postcards that were sent to my Great Grandma Litha.  This is the third one out of four.  It looks like that a little girl named Mabel was going to send this to Litha, but there is no postmark.  Last week's postcards were mailed to Litha in 1909.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
M. Horan was one of the founders of the
"4th Class City of Wenatchee".

First Officials:

'The election for the first city officials was held on December 5, 1892.  The inaugural mayor of Wenatchee was Posey Wilson. The City Council members included R. J. Mackison, T. J. Graves, W. A. Sanders, W. B. Mercer, and M. Horan. Arthur Gunn was the first treasurer who worked with J. J. Browne and the Columbia Valley Bank in Spokane. Gunn was also involved with the Wenatchee Advance, and worked with James Hill, president of the Great Northern Railway to produce the first irrigation system in the Wenatchee Valley.'

On January 16, 1893, the first city council meeting was held shortly after Wenatchee became a city of the fourth class. Wenatchee would be re-incorporated as a third-class city in 1904." 




Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

For more information, you might begin with the links below:



If you enjoyed this post, I think 
that you will really like these two also:
Postcards to Litha
Bend's Mirror Pond on the 4th of July


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":