Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

April's A - Z Challenge: Reflections of the Challenge



I’m excited because I have successfully completed April's A-Z Challenge!  The challenge was to post daily, Monday through Saturday, and to follow the alphabet along the way.  Those of you who know me, know that I usually post once or twice a day on a regular basis, so it wasn’t a big surprise that I would complete what I started out to do on this one.  Still, I do feel a feeling of accomplishment.  I am so glad that I spotted the Challenge on my friend Lisa's blog, Writing In The Buff, a couple of days before it began.

By the end of tomorrow, I will hopefully hit post number 1300 since I began this blog in November 2008.  I did write many new posts during the past month, but I also recycled some of my older, favorite posts too.  It was good to go back, view my old work, and show it to you new readers.  Thank to you my regular, daily readers who had to wade through a few reruns brought to you by the letter of the day.  I hope you didn’t get bored!  I discovered old photos and put them to new use too.  

I am thrilled with my newest readers, and with finding lots of great blogs that I would not have ever known about without A-Z.  I have gained 25 new followers this month, which is a miracle, because I only had 64 when I started the challenge. Thanks, everybody!  If you want to read each post, I have them listed in alphabetical order on the top of my sidebar.   

I tried to visit ten new blogs each day, and I visited and replied to everybody who commented on my posts.  That is my normal practice anyway, at this point.  I didn't keep track of how many new people that I am following, but it is probably around 30 or so.  

There are some fantastic blogs out there, you guys!  Many people made their posts easy, and some made their posts really intensive.  All those interviews that Dierdra over at A Storybook World did!  So much work went into each of those, and she also gave many of us her originally illustrated awards, thank you very much!  I appreciate everybody who worked so hard to meet this challenge.  I loved seeing what my "already friends" would come up with each day.  If I start listing names, I'm sure to leave somebody out, so I won't try to do that tonight. 

I found the whole challenge a very pleasant experience.  I want to thank Arlee and the rest of the hosts who spent all month on the technicalities and facilitation.  That was a lot of work and commitment for each of you. Here is their list of names and blog names:

Jeffrey Beesler's
  World of the Scribe 
 
Alex J. Cavanaugh 

 Alex J. Cavanaugh 
 
Jen Daiker's 

 Unedited 
 
Candace Ganger's

  The Misadventures in Candyland 
 
Karen J Gowen at

 Coming Down the Mountain 
 
Stephen Tremp's

  Breakthrough Blogs


There is now an optional follow-up discussion group that challenge participates can participate in.  I have decided to go ahead and do this so that I can get to know the others better. 

Kathy



The A - Z Challenge is now all done! It was hosted by  Arlee Bird's: Tossing It Out and several others.  Several of my blogging friends participated, and this year there are over 1,200 participants. We posted everyday, except for Sundays, and worked our way through the alphabet. When you are all done here at Oregon Gifts,  please click here to visit the other bloggers who participated in this challenge.



If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.


4 comments:

Gloria said...

My admiration goes out to you and the others who participated in the A-Z Challenge! I had a hard time keeping up with those blogs I follow with this challenge, I didn't even get to everyone's 'letters' for each day, so I cannot imagine those of you who actually DID the posts for each letter!!! LOL! Good for you.
Best,
Gloria

Arkansas Patti said...

Well done and congrats on sticking to the challange and doing so well at it.
That is quite a back log of posts you have and reruns are a great idea for those of us relatively new to your blog.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, Gloria and Patti! I do have a large backlog, but each post usually has several photos or more, so there is a lot to work with.

I sure do appreciate your comments, very much. :>)

Arlee Bird said...

It's so good to hear that you benefited from the Challenge. Congratulations on making it through and thank you for Blogging from A to Z with us this April 2011.


Lee
Tossing It Out

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":