Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Easy Stuffed Green Peppers and Writing for Joplin:

"Easy Stuffed Green Peppers"


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
This is a super easy dinner to make.  You can use any kind of pepper that you like, I suppose, but the green ones are mild.  Just cook up a box of Rice-A-Roni (I used the beef flavor).  In another pan, cook up a pound of hamburger, some diced onions and some fresh mushrooms.  Drain off the grease and add the hamburger mixture to the rice.

Cut the stem off of the pepper, scoop out the seeds and inside remnants with a spoon.  Fill the pepper with your hamburger/rice mixture and place them in a deep dish with a cover.  Instead of water, place some apple juice in the bottom of your dish if you have any.  This will help steam the peppers and add a bit of flavor. 

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

You can add a slice of cheese on top if you want to, but I didn't this time.  Cook at 350* for around 45 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the filling is hot.  In this case, I made the filling ahead of time and put it in the fridge.  Doing that made it easier to work with, but that isn't necessary.

Enjoy!


My friend Lynn, over at Present Letters, has been volunteering her computer time lately to help the Joplin Tornado victims.  A couple of days ago, Lynn announced on her blog about a current project for Midwestern writers and poets to submit their work that will go into a book to benefit storm victims.  The book is scheduled to come out in August, so you'll need to act fast!  Read more about this by clicking here  "Storm Country Anthology"Thanks, Lynn, for all that you are doing to help others! 

Hope that everybody has a great week!  Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me your comments.  Speaking of comments, are you guys having a hard time on leaving comments on Blogger?  I haven't for several weeks, but if you can't leave comments on here, can you please email me at  "oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com"  and let me know?  My friend Arkansas Patti just did a post about this today, and she has some suggestions about this very problem:   Quickie: "Blocked Off"


~ Kathy


If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.  Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Kathy, for the record - I have asked to volunteer, but I haven't been contacted yet. I meant to tell you that on the last blog you posted where you mentioned that. In my own little way I'm doing what I can to spread the word about various things that are going on, like the Storm Country Anthology. There's also a book collection that I'll be posting about soon too. Thanks Kathy, you're sweet for spreading the word too! xxo

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Well, they are missing out ... I see though, how you are spreading the word on the FB sites; and even if you aren't an official volunteer you are still doing a great job. I think that every city and state needs to go through their disaster plans. Some seem to be more organized than others, it seems.

Arkansas Patti said...

Thanks for the link. I do hope someday soon this will all be straightened out. I sometimes think Blogger is like a swollen tick that can't take one more byte of information.

Hootin Anni said...

I didn't sign up to volunteer, but during a baseball game, I got the website that they had, and sent money.

Oh, and the stuffed peppers? You bet your sweet patootie I'll add cheese on top!!! LOL...my one downfall is cheese. Love cheese.



WINGS!! [a short, slideshow video of hummingbirds feeding and playing]

Have a great Tuesday. Hope you can find time to stop by and shout out a 'howdy do'.

Leovi said...

That view is good. That is very appetizing.

Sally Wessely said...

I am making stuffed peppers tonight. I will try the apple juice. That sounds good.

Unknown said...

These peppers sound and look delicious. I will have to try them for sure. And thanks for the info on the anthology.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":