Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Writing In The Buff's Book Blurb Friday #14: The House Swap

 Link to Kay Davies' Blog: "An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel"


 "The House Swap"
by
Kathy Matthews

Margaret Spencer was pleasantly surprised to find that the flat where she would be staying for the summer was directly across from the police station.  The people who she was house swapping with had left that part out.  Margie wondered why.


After a year from hell, Margie was treating herself to a major distraction: time abroad.  Things were finally settled back at home. In January her marriage of 30-years was finalized in divorce.  In February, she placed her mother into a memory care unit for dementia. In April, her daughter Annie moved to California with her not-so-desirable man of choice.


Margie was looking forward to taking pictures, relaxing and working on her book.  Sitting down on her new couch with a glass of wine, Margie browsed through the maps and guide books that the homeowners had left out for her.  She was eager to explore, relax, and enjoy her summer. (150)



I am participating in Lisa's Book Blurb Friday, from over at Writing in the Buff.   It is fun, and you can play too!  Pretend that the picture above is the cover of a book.  On the inside jacket, you have 150 words to entice the reader to buy your book.  Lisa gives us a week to think about next week's entry (she's gracious like that).  Please CLICK HERE  to read what everybody else wrote! 

Please make sure to visit Kay Davies at her blog  "An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel"



If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

16 comments:

jabblog said...

. . . and you just KNOW that her life is going to become very complicated. I love the introduction - new sofa, glass of wine - classic:-)

Kim Lehnhoff said...

I really liked yours - seems like she took care of business back home, and is ready to experience her new life in France!

I hope she doesn't' get into too much mischief!

Kay L. Davies said...

Aha, I sense an unwritten "but" or "however" or "instead" lurking in this blurb. Life is seldom this idyllic, or this safe. Good one, Kathy!
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Maude Lynn said...

Well done! I think that these book blurbs are so fun.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Well, she thinks she has all her ducks in a row and everything figured out. You know what that means! Something's going to happen to upset her perfect plans, and I want to read about it! Great blurb, Kathy! I'm hoping it will turn out to be a nice romance, with some mystery thrown in...:)

Arkansas Patti said...

Interesting how vastly different that picture is viewed.
I smell romance here with a touch of danger.

Susan Fobes said...

Hmm...now you have me wondering about why they didn't mention the police station. Is something going to happen that we don't know about?

KathyB. said...

O.K. You simply cannot stop there! More, more !!!!!

BTW, your header picture of the thread box just makes me smile and feel cheery every time I view it. What a treasure.

Ms.Daisy said...

Kathy,
The nice setting of our heroine sitting sedately on the sofa seems like it is just a step away from disaster...she knows so little of her surroundings and the people around her. I want to just keep reading to find out!


Jean

Dorothy Evans said...

a nice set up for a fairly large spanner in the works, me thinks!

Hootin Anni said...

You left us hanging....I wanna know just what will happen. Oh my gosh...did you EVER leave us intrigued. Okay...when is the book coming off the presses?!! I want one. Autographed!!!!


Baby Herons and a Tern Chick is my Saturday post.

Thanks for visiting with me this week....much appreciated!!!

Anonymous said...

I twitt it. My twitter on name Alexander Belluchi. You can comment this post there too.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, everybody! Your comments make me think that I really could keep on writing some of these stories. Maybe I'll give that a try sometime soon.

Have a great weekend; I'll be by to visit if I haven't yet.

Take care,

Kathy

Tammy said...

Well, from a book sale point of view, I love how you carefully built it up so that we just know our Margie is going to encounter some amazing and life-changing story that will test the very fabric of her being, but leave her somehow stronger and happier than before. But from a blog reader point of view, it's just plain torturous!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thanks again, you guys.

I do think that she will find adventure, that there is something up with the police station and that problems will arise. Nothing too evil though. I'm sure that she will meet a nice man, probably a cop who works across the street. And, her daughter will somehow have a crisis, her ex-husband will miss her and start to bug her; but her Mom will be fine.

This one would be a fun one to write, but I know not one thing about France, except for the Eiffel Tower. I'd have to do a lot of research or move it to another location.

Thanks for your encouragement!

Kathy

Grandma's Goulash said...

It's obvious that everything is going too well. Where will the problems come from? The child, the ex, the police station? You've left us with questions and endless possibilities. Nicely done.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":