Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, January 13, 2012

The 2012 Army All-American Game Experience:

Last Saturday, our family and friends were privileged to attend the 2012 Army All-American Game to watch our grandson Tyler Matthews (#12) and the other fine young men who were selected to participate from around the U.S.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
 Cameron, Tyler and Kylie after the game.

Prior to the game there were several ceremonies, ranging from medal of honor soldiers to the swearing in of new recruits.  At half-time the awesome All-American marching band played, consisting of invited high school students from around the nation.  Throughout the game, players were declaring where they would be attending college.  Tyler has chosen to attend TCU.  I compiled the photos that I took of game day into chronological order.

So, here it is, my first You Tube video!  Actually it is a slide show, and I wish that I knew how to add music, but outside of misnaming the hotel (we were at the Grand Hyatt, not the Hyatt Regency) I am pretty proud of it.  At least You Tube won't be going out of business like Slide.com did and this won't be deleted anytime soon.  I hope not anyway!  Oh, I had to give Google my cell phone number so that they could text me a code in order to accommodate my 25 minutes (usually you can only post 15 minute videos).  I hope that you will enjoy this, it is long.  [Well, if it doesn't play, go to the top of the page ... a minute ago it said it is too long.  I give!  I'll try to fix it later.]




Here are some more links to info about the game:





Tyler signs his autograph as proud Grandpa Cary stands by @  Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

 Grandpa Hal, Grandma Bev, and Aunt Cheri @ Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Gr.  Hal,  Gr. Bev, Aunt Cheri and Gr. Susan @ Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

 Halie and Grace @ Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Randy, Cameron, Tyler, Jen and Halie @ Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

 Halie, Grace and Garrett @ Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

What an awesome, once-in-a-lifetime day.  We sure are all so proud of you, Tyler.

There has been a lot of football on here lately, hasn't there?  I will begin getting things back to normal as soon as I can.  I have many San Antonio photos, and now that I have figured out how to make slide shows again I'll be posting those.  I also promise to get back to my Book Blurb Friday's and my Sepia Saturdays as soon as I can ... as well as catching up with all of you.  Hugs!


~ Kathy M.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great day! I wish Tyler all the best as he embarks on his collegiate years. I'll be sure and keep an eye on TCU. I'm a Notre Dame and U of I (Illinois)fan myself, but I love the enthusiasm and tradition of college sports.

Grammy Goodwill said...

Never too much football for me! These are great pictures. I hope to look at the video later. I know you are so proud of your grandson and rightly so! Have a great weekend.

Arkansas Patti said...

After seeing him play, I think that young man has a real future. It will be fun to follow him.
Looks like he had some cute admirers.
I hope you taped the game. The announcers were quite complimentary.
Fear the Frog.

Gloria said...

Oh my word! Tyler is a true heartbreaker, he is SO HANDSOME!!! I laughed when I saw that one young girl in the photo looking at him -- she looks like she wants to propose marriage to him, she is so in love with him! Well, if I were about 35 years younger, I think I might do the same. ;)
I'm sorry it's taken me to so long to get here to visit, Kathy! I haven't been blogging too much lately. But even though I might not have visited here, I truly do think of you often and hope that you and Cary have been well. (I can also see how proud Cary looks of Tyler!) Have a great weekend, dear friend!! xxoo
Best,
Gloria

Kathy A. Johnson said...

What a wonderful, fun experience! So cool to share once-in-a-lifetime experiences with our friends and family!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, everybody. The whole thing was just plain awesome.

99 Cent Merchandise said...

I say your blog is awesome! Happy new Year!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":