Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Ashland, Oregon: Lodging Options


Wondering where to stay when you visit Ashland?  There are so many choices.  We were in Ashland on our way home from Reno a few weeks ago, and I took these pictures of places to stay near Lithia Park.

Bed and Breakfasts are all over the place.  If you want to learn more about your options, you can click here:  Ashland Bed and Breakfast Network or Bed and Breakfast.com: Ashland, Oregon.






The historic Ashland Springs Hotel is pretty fancy:








I brought home a brochure:




The rates are $99 per night for off-season and $199 for in-season.  Here is a link to their website:  Ashland Springs Hotel

There are hotels and motels all over the place.  I thought that this little one was kind of neat, but it was a bit further away from the park:



We ended up staying here, right downtown at the Bard's Inn:



An older Best Western that has been recently updated, it was super clean, with all the amenities including a pool and hot tub:



The bed was quite comfortable:


The decor was very nice:


There was lots of storage and a flatscreen t.v.:



We ended up ordering pizza delivered, and the little fridge came in handy for the leftovers:




Next to the one we stayed in, there are two other Bard's Inn buildings:



Our room was normally $100, but we talked the front desk woman down to $85.  Don't count on that happening again, but the lady thought that Cary was funny, and I threw in that we were paying with a company card.  We were downtown and only a short walk away from The Shakespearean Festival.  Creatures of habit, we will probably stay there again.  The only thing that they can improve on is their breakfast ... everything was very clean, but there were not very many choices, and our little quiches were rather cold.  I would rather have eggs/sausage and bacon instead.  Here is their website:  Bard's Inn.com

I don't know if I can talk Cary into staying at the Ashland Springs Hotel or not, but I sure hope so...it is quite delightful.



This post is number two in a series of three about our overnight stay in Ashland.  Please check out the post about Lithia Park: Ashland, Oregon's Lithia Park in the Fall.



At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

2 comments:

Kathy A. Johnson said...

Your room did look lovely, but I'm partial to B&Bs myself. They usually have lots of personality, and delicious breakfasts!

Habit isn't so bad when you're looking for a reliable place to sleep, I think. Don't want to risk too much when it comes to sleeping at night!

Pamela said...

What a delight it would be to stay in that Hotel! But your choice was lovely (clean goes a long way with me!) and I'd like to stay there too. I guess I just love staying at a motel! And you still got to enjoy the historic one. We just visited one (ate there, didn't stay) in downtown Indianapolis at Union Station. It was the old train station and some of the cars have been made into hotel rooms. Quite amazing!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":