Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

McCredie Day Use Site:


When we went to Eugene for Thanksgiving, we were startled to see that our favorite little spot to stretch our legs had changed.  Dramatically.  McCredie Hot Springs is not very accessible any longer.

What was once a huge lot that could hold many cars (and lots of semi-trucks) has now been shrunk down to a paved parking lot that holds ten or so cars.  An outhouse was needed, and so was a garbage can, but I am not sure that the rest of this is really an improvement, and it had to have cost a lot of money for the revamp.



First, you park your car.


Then you walk down the trail.




 Enjoy the scenery of Salt Creek!





After a short time, the trail ends at the soaking pools.  Clothing is optional, so beware of bare buns and boobies.



There are more pools across the river.  I still haven't figured out how to get to them. There is supposed to be a bridge someplace at the nearby Blue Pool Campground.


This part has changed also.  You used to be able to park along side the road and walk to the pools that way.  You can't any longer.  They have put about 4' of crushed rock in those spots.


Thanks.  A lot.



The changes have made the pools more private.  They have effectively limited the number of people who can be there at one time and have made it so that truckers can't swing in for a quick soak.

If you want to check out my previous posts about this place, here are some more links:



At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

4 comments:

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

It is a beautiful spot with these natural hot tubs. Hopped by to wish you and your family a healthy and happy New Year.

Connie said...

Hi Kathy, I always enjoy my visits to your blog. I have been down that road many times, when my daughter lived in Bend. It was the route that I would take to visit my brother in Creswell. I have never seen or been in a natural hot springs, it sounds wonderful. What a lovely way to enjoy natural . . . not sure that I could do the bare thing . . . I would not want to damage the beauty of the forest.

It was wonderful to hear from you and thank you for the lovely comment that you left about my studio. I do love my room, but it rarely ever looks as good as those photos. I went in there Wednesday to organize and clean and somehow after I was about 3/4's done and had lots of clear counter space . . . I started another project and another mess, LOL. It is wonderful having a room where I can just shut the door and not share my messes with the world. Someday . . . if and when it is ever clean again I may take a current photo, LOL.
Here's wishing you a new year filled with joy, may you have a song in your heart and a blue bird on your shoulder.
God bless you,
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

nutschell said...

wonderful pictures.I especially loved creek and the fog. It looks like you enjoyed your little trek in the wilderness. :)
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Kathy A. Johnson said...

What a lovely spot. It would be delightful to walk through the woods and then soak in a hot spring. Maybe the new "improvements" will help preserve the area?

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":