Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Place For Everything:


This morning, I was reading my friend Lisa's blog Writing in the Buff.  Lisa wrote a great post about preparing to write ... and getting your space just the way you like it before you sit down to get going.

I looked around my messy creative room and thought, okay, I can do better than this.  So I got out my camera and took a few "before" pictures.  Then I cleaned and organized for about an hour, and took some "after" photos.  I also put some mementos on the desk that help to motivate me.  This was not a major renovation or redo, it is really just a way to show you where I work, and how much more pleasant it is when it is tidy.


Before:





That table on the right is covered with stuff!

I know that these chairs would look so much better without the patio furniture seat cushions, but I forgot to take them off before taking the pictures.  I have them on the the chairs because my legs go numb without them, when I am work at the computer for too long.  The chairs are pretty, but are not too comfy as office chairs.




After:

Lisa talks about how she uses candles and "muses".  I don't know too much about "muses", but I think that Emily might just be one.






These are special to me, and are now sitting on top of the computer tower.  Cary gave me the angel and the cross.  I bought the ME "K" years ago.  K for Kathy, you know!


I cleaned all the stuff off of the table.  Now I can sit down and make cards there, if I can ever settle down to do that.  Even so, it makes me happy to have the clutter removed.  Plus, now I get a better view of the ME quilt that Patty made for me.


I straightened up this little entryway, and this is also another view of the cleaned up table.


Now, maybe I can get to work and do some actual writing of stories.  Or, maybe now that the room is cleaner I can sew some more.  Or, maybe I'll just think of some more pictures that I can take on another day.  For tonight, I am done with this room though.  I am going to go back to the couch and read my book.


God bless ....


Kathy

6 comments:

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Hi Kathy - Thanks for the link! That was a nice surprise when I dropped by this evening to see what you've been up to. Your space looks very inviting!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Lisa, you are very welcome. You motivated me to clean up and decorate my computer, and thank you for that! Notice that when the rest of the room is really messy, my back is to it. I thought that was pretty smart!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

You have a beautiful space. Thanks for sharing about organizing and decluttering. Now that gets me motivated to do the same :D

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, SJ. I think I finally have it the way it is going to stay.

Jessa said...

You are one amazingly creative lady! Your after space is so inspiring!! (And in response to your comment), your holiday blog is lovely! Great start to it. Reminds me of a combo between mine and another you would probably enjoy at lisalovesholidays.blogspot.com (no affiliation, just love her blog). I am glad to meet you and look forward to reading more of your blog. :)

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Jessa Irene,

Thank you so much for your sweet comments, they mean a lot to me! I'll check out Lisa's blog very soon.

I need to get back over to yours to explore some more too; you have so much great info on there.

Take care,

Kathy

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":