Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"Just a Note": Pierre Joseph Redouse Florals

Artist:   Nita Leger Casey

A couple of weeks ago, my MIL Darlene, gave me a whole bunch of unused greeting cards.  Last week, I scanned one showing a young woman with a balloon, and got the idea to share these cards as a regular feature, called "Just a Note".  That way, we can see some neat art, and learn more about the artist.

The picture above, is the one that I will be using each week and it is also on the sidebar with links underneath.  I added color to the frame and some vignette to it.  The artist is Nita Leger Casey, and she has a blog featuring her work, here. 

This week, I am featuring these botanical paintings by Pierre Jospeph Redouse.  First published in France in 1827 in a book named Chiox des Plus Belies Fleurs, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation chose some of Redouse's paintings for fundraising purposes.  They are quite beautiful.











An oil on canvas in brown tones of a white man with short brown hair. He is sitting side-on, facing to the right of the picture, with his chin on his left hand. He wears a frock coat and shirt with a wide neck tie. He has a faint smile.
Source:  Wikipedia

Portrait by Louis Léopold Boilly
Born: 10 July 1759 Saint-Hubert, Belgium
Died: 19 June 1840 (aged 80) Paris
Nationality: Belgian
Field: Botanical illustration
Training: Jardin du Roi
Movement: Flower painting
Influenced by: Brueghel, Ruysch
, van Huysum, de Heem
Awards: Chevalier of the Légion d'honneur (1825)


To learn more about this week's artist, you can begin with Wikipedia.


I am entering this post into Pamela's Friday Linky Party


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check











3 comments:

Wendy said...

Those are lovely. Wouldn't they be pretty framed? I'm guessing they're small, but several together would make a nice grouping.

Kathy A. Johnson said...

I love his work--the flowers are just lovely. I agree with Wendy: they would be pretty framed. That's a little trick my husband and I used to do when we were on vacation--find a good quality art postcard of the area, take it home and frame it. We have a wall in our family room with framed art from our travels, ranging from postcards to prints we picked up and had professionally framed.

Bethe77 said...

What a wonderful way to share such beautiful greeting cards. I love them and I have three tubs of cards. Makes me think.
Blessings

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":