Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A-Z Challenge: "T" is for Thrift

File:Zawciag nadmorski Ameria maritima maritima.jpg
Source: Wikipedia



 Join Us in the 2013 A-Z Challenge!

During the month of April, I am participating in the "Blogging From A-Z April 2012 Challenge", where we post everyday during the month of April (except for Sundays).  Daily posts begin with the next letter of the alphabet.  This is my third year of participating in the challenge. "CLICK HERE" to find out more.

This year, I have chosen to do a study on poet and artist, Cicely Mary Barker.  I am featuring her book "A Flower Fairy Alphabet"Not only will you learn about pretty flowers, but I will also be giving you a few fun facts about Ms. Barker each day.



Demure and smiling teen girl with braided hair looking to her left
Source: Wikipedia's Article on Cicely Mary Barker

"Barker's sketches, drawings, and paintings of children were given to friends or to the parents of the subjects, donated to charitable institutions and church sponsored events, or exhibited through various art organizations. She illustrated magazine covers, dust jackets, and produced series of postcards for Raphael Tuck and other publishers such as Picturesque Children of the Allies (1915), Seaside Holidays (1918), and Shakespeare's Boy and Girl Characters (1917, 1920). Her own Old Rhymes for All Times (1928) and The Lord of the Rushie River (1938), a tale about a girl who lives among swans on a riverbank, were critically well received. Set about 1800, Groundsel and Necklaces (1943) tells of a girl named Jenny who rescues her family from poverty through the agency of the fairies. The story features an old Scrooge-like man called Mr. Petercoo and tonally suggests a Dickensian social consciousness. Simon the Swan, intended as a sequel to Rushie River was outlined in 1943 with Groundsel, but only developed in 1953. It was published posthumously in 1988 and is critically considered less successful than Groundsel.[12]"  Source: Wikipedia's Article on Cicely Mary Barker



At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

3 comments:

Sally said...

Lovely flowers and poems and the interesting facts you have afterwards. Great posts.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Is thrift the same thing as phlox? I think they're part of the same family. We have phlox in our front yard. It only blooms for about 3-4 weeks in the spring, but it is so beautiful!

Wendy said...

Another pretty!! Love a purple flower.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":