Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Seaside, Oregon: A Weekend of Family and 6th Grade Basketball



Last weekend, Cary and drove to the sweet touristy resort town of Seaside, to watch our grandson Johnny play basketball.  Johnny is #12We are pictured with the team after the third game:


Here is Johnny making a free throw:


After each game, Coach Mike held a conference.  At the end of each meeting, the boys say a positive thing about another teammate.  They won the first game, but they ended up losing the other three.  That is okay, that is how the ball bounces sometimes.


We had plenty of time to hang out and enjoy each other's company.  Only Johnny and my step-daughter, Shanna were there from their family, because John had to work last weekend.  Johnny and Cary visit in the hotel lobby:


We also had lots of time to get to know Jordon and his family, who live down the street from Johnny and Shanna:


We went out to eat a lot.  The hotel had a brunch each day, and it was a pretty good one.  For lunch and dinner, we went to pizza on the first night, to The Pig and Pancake the next day and to Mazatlan Mexican food on Saturday night.  Shanna and Cary are ready to order lunch in this picture:


Jamie and Gordon, Jordan's parents also joined us at The Pig and Pancake:


Cary and I bought matching Daisy Duke shirts and Seaside sweatshirts at the Cotton Store.  We were going to wear these to the next game, but chickend out at the last minute.  I'm going to use mine as a swimsuit cover-up.  Or a nightgown.  The funny thing is, I used to have a body like this when I was a teenager!*


Here are some more pictures of all of us.  The hall in the middle school was conducive to some neat photos:










It was a cold and rainy weekend at the coast, but we all had a wonderful time together.  Sometimes small groups are the best, aren't they?  We are all happy that Grandpa Cary and Grandma Kathy spent the time (and the money) to get some one-on-one time with Johnny and Shanna.  The huge smile and big good-bye hug made the 6 hour drive home very worth it!

Spending time together is an important way to shelter each other, and in a vacation setting it seems even more so because we all have to go out of our way.

This post is one of three that I have made about our trip to Seaside so far.  Please go to my homepage to see the other ones.  Thank you!

~ Kathy M.

I am linking this post to Pamela Kuhn's "A Sheltering Tree" weekly blog hop, Share the Shelter.  When you are all through here at Oregon Gifts, please hop on over there to see some lovely and inspirational posts.
 
* See, I wasn't even kidding about the Daisy Dukes that I wore in 1975.  Times have changed, and so have I (in more ways than one).



Related Links to Our Seaside Trip:


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

1 comment:

Pamela said...

A post after my own heart. I went with my daughter and husband to church yesterday to see my grands in their Palm Sunday program. It was so special. My grandparents impacted my life and I want to do the same to mine. Yes...wonderful way to shelter!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":