Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Book Blurb Friday #29 & #30 : "Sister-Wives" and "Vacation Gone Bad"

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

"Sister-Wives"

"On a pleasant fall day in Ogden, twins Tasha and Tiffany Peppertree, 26, nursed their babies outside on the patio; enjoying their lattes and each other.  

Never separated and extremely close, they were delighted with how their lives had turned out so far.  Meeting Dan was their luckiest day ever, or so it seemed.  Handsome, kind, and rich, he was the father of their newborn babies.  In fact, Dan is Tasha's husband as well as Tiffany's. 

Dan is also Abbie's husband, and the father of her three.  After ten years of marriage, Dan had decided to bring home the twins last year; wasting no time in getting them pregnant.  He expected Abbie to open their home and accept everybody into the fold graciously.  Instead, feelings of jealousy and anger flared up frequently, turning Abbie bitter. 

This interesting story follows the polygamous Peppertree family through their first several years.  An entertaining and fascinating novel!" (149)   Thank you to Ashley for the cool photo!



Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

"Vacation Gone Bad"

"Youth minister and part-time pilot Jordon Shepherd had finally finagled some much needed vacation time away from First Baptist Church. The plan was to take his beautiful, hardworking wife Faith with him to an exclusive nudist resort on an island off the south coast of New Zealand.  They were taking a chance here; if anybody from church knew where they were going, things would certainly hit the fan. 

Jordon and Faith felt that since we are all born naked, that God himself wouldn't really mind.  After saving up for three years to take this trip, they flew their own small plane to the resort.  

Things went bad from the minute they landed.  Terrorists had occupied the island, and burned everybody's clothes.  They plastered their captive's faces all over the news, demanding ransom.

The Shepherds were not sure which was worse, possible death or the church finding out where they were."  (150)  Thank you to Kay Davies for this cool photo!


I am participating in Lisa's Book Blurb Friday, from over at Writing in the Buff.   It is fun, and you can play too!  Pretend that the pictures above are the cover of a book.  On the inside jacket, you have 150 words to entice the reader to buy your book.  Lisa gives us a week to think about next week's entry (she's gracious like that).  Please CLICK HERE  to read what everybody else wrote!



At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

6 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

I chose to write about a marriage, too, Kathy, but a fictional marriage-gone-good.
Your twin sister-wives is an excellent basis for a plot, I think.
I like what you did with last week's photo, too. Made me laugh. At first I thought it was going to say "plastered their faces with mud" — duh.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Rinkly Rimes said...

Polygamy throws up such interesting possibilities doesn't it! Quite a lot to discuss over a cup of coffee!

Grandma's Goulash said...

Polygamy and a nudist camp? I'm hoping the bookstore has a 2fer sale, because I want to read them both. You've shown great imagination and tempted us with a bit of scandal. I think both of the stories would offer some good insights on human nature.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Haha! For someone who didn't think she could write, you're knocking your blurbs out of the park. Both of these are awesome!

Tammy said...

I like how you pulled polygamy out of a mere coffee cup, and you uncovered a great conflict with that pilot one!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Ha, you guys ... I guess I was in rare form on Thursday, lol. The cup of coffee was easy, but that pilot one took me two weeks for some reason.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":