Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Amaze Me Monday: How I Spent My Sunday Morning ....

I had had enough.  I couldn't walk.  I could not find things.  The time had come to clean up this mess.  It took me about three hours, but it was time well spent.  It isn't picture perfect, but this room is now organized, and I am ready to create.  Yay!

Before:










After:



Well, I didn't get to my computer area.  
I was concentrating on crafts and photography.





I think that the best thing I did yesterday was to use old suitcases and filled them with what I needed for full projects.  For instance, I am going to begin sewing cloth diapers and cloth/washable menstrual pads.  I have a large suitcase full of flannel and other stuff.  I used baskets in a similar way.  I am determined to use what I have on hand before I venture into a fabric store ... unless I go ahead and buy more quilt batting so I can finish some blankets that I have already started.  Watch for my Esty Store soon!

Oh, as a bonus, I found these cool old coin wrappers that I thought you would enjoy:



I am entering this post into Ditttle Dattle's Amaze Me Monday.  When you are done here, please go and see some other amazing things that folks have been up to by clicking here.




Also, please remember to enter my contest:

5 comments:

commoncents said...

Love your blog! Wondering if you would like a Link Exchange with our blog Common Cents?

Check us out here...
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Great job on clean up and re-organizing, I'm trying to do the same and I'm still not finished. Have a great week! Hugs Marilou

Gloria said...

WOW, you did a lot of organizing -- good for you. I wish I had the gumption to do the same. ;)
I like your quilt hanging above the desk, very pretty.
Best,
Gloria

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

You were a busy bee, as usual! My daughters old bedroom needs to be organized. Right now I've got furniture stored in there and the door hasn't been opened in a month. LOL Hubby bought paint and that will be a start. :)

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Common Cents, welcome and thank you!

Hi Marilou, that is a big job, that is for sure. Probably the hardest room of all, because there are so many "categories". Thanks, and best of luck on your project.

Hi Gloria, all I can say is that I have a lot of things to make, and I couldn't find anything. My friend Patty made us that quilt as our wedding gift. It is so cheerful, I love it too.

Hi Lisa, I wish I had a room inside just for that ... a goat room, like my Grandma used to call hers. Our tree is still up and in the dining room (the ornaments are off though). I wish I could just stick it into a spare room instead of having to clean the garage in the snow to make a path. That will probably be the next project. Well, at least you guys have paint bought!

Thanks, Everybody. Have a wonderful week,

Kathy

Kathy

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":