Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Blue Monday & Bargain Book Bonanza #3: Mom Cave Books

Okay, friends, today I am combining Blue Monday with Bargain Book Bonanza and am re-working my Mom Cave post.  Mom Cave post?  Yes, back in October, I entered a contest about Mom Caves over at Between Naps on the Porch.  I didn't win, but you might enjoy reading about my entry when you get a chance.  You can find it by clicking here: The Queen of Small Spaces: Kathy's Mom Cave. (By the way, the Blue Monday and BBB links probably won't work until Monday ... I am posting this on Sunday.)

For Blue Monday, I am offering up the couch where I like to go to lay down and read.  It used to be my Grandma T.'s, and so is the quilt that used to be on her bed.  The lighting is awesome there, and I am surrounded by my favorite things.  It doesn't get much better than that! 


When you are all done here, please check out 
Smiling Sally's Blue Monday for lots of neat blue things of all variety!


For Bargain Book Bonanza, I wanted to show you the library in my Mom Cave.  Some of these books were bought at full price, but most are secondhand and were free or cheap.  I love them all, but I haven't read them all yet.

Some of the Children's Section:



Spiritual Books, Novels, History, Reference, and Photo Albums:



The Children's Section:



Decorating, Crafting, More Kid's Books and Paperbacks (they are now stored behind the wedding picture on top):



When you are through with me, please go over to visit Lesa and her friends at Baja Greewalt's Cozy Book Nook to learn about other folks bargain books by clicking here, when Monday comes.



If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

12 comments:

Donnie said...

Loved your mom cave. Looks like a lovely place for you to read and relax. I loved all the little play centers. I could spend hours in there just looking around.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Donnie, thank you ... it is a relaxing little room to hang out in; I really enjoy it. Right now it is full of clean laundry!

Arkansas Patti said...

You really have a great selection of books and see that you are quite fond of the printed page. I'll be the word Kindle drives you up a wall.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Patti ... I'm not against Kindle for anybody else, but I already am on the computer all day ... I love to hold a book in my hand when I am watching t.v. even when I'm not reading it.

clavs said...

I love the couch, I could sleep there forever LOL! BTW, do you have any Julie garwood's novel there? could i just borrow one? hehe.
clavs

J.Rylie.C said...

Love those dolls!!

My Blue, hope to see you. Thank you!

SmilingSally said...

Ah, that's my kinda space. I love to read too, and I also prefer the feel of the real book in my hands.

Thanks for sharing your blues.

Happy Blue Monday, Kathy.

gengen said...

Wow love your space so nice. Happy blue Monday.

Lesa said...

What a comfy reading spot! And so many bargain books-- in every conceivable spot! Even propping up the tv-- love it!! Wish I could check them all out!

Thank you so much for linking up to BBB again!

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Great reading spot. Especially when you have memories around you. Blessings, Debbie

LV said...

Nothing better than having your own space to do what you enjoy. I love it.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, everybody, now I am glad that I re-posted it. I figured that there were a lot of you that hadn't seen my Mom Cave yet.

Have a great week!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":