Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Vintage Oregon Postcards #1:

Okay, here are some more vintage postcards from The Letsom Letters Collection.  I think that it is safe to say that many of them were from Uncle John.  They were not sent, but were collected as souvenirs, which was Uncle John's style.  The woman in the very last postcard, at The Oregon Caves, seems to be a bit modern and I am guessing that these are from the 40's or 50's. 







































 
So, there you are, my friends.  If you enjoyed this story, please visit my Sepia Saturday friends by "CLICKING HERE" to find other neat photos and stories.  To read more about my family and other stories featuring old photos, memories and more, please look for this picture of me and my dad on the left-hand sidebar and read whatever else catches your fancy.  Also, there is a list of my Sepia Saturday friends blogs below the football stuff, if you want to find some more like-minded and wonderful people.  Thanks so much for visiting!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

10 comments:

Little Nell said...

Wheeeee!! Those falls look spectacular, as do the other natural wonders.

Grammy Goodwill said...

Aren't they so beautiful? In the past I've collected vintage postcards like these from the city where I was born and grew up ~ which I then gave to my nephew who lives there now ~ and the city where I lived before I moved here ~ and even this city! They are just so much prettier than the ones we buy today.

Connie said...

Hi Kathy, This collection is amazing, what an incredible treasure. I absolutely love that old highway along the Columbia River Gorge. Isn't Multnomah Falls breathtaking. Thanks for sharing. I always look forward to your posts . . . they are so interesting. Have a great weekend, Connie :)

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thanks, you guys, I'm so happy that you enjoyed them. Soon, I'll post the rest.

Kathy M.

Postcardy said...

I like the colors on the Mt. Hood sunrise card. It is fun seeing the old fashions of the women in the cave.

21 Wits said...

I just think Mt. Hood stands out no matter where I see it! What a wonderful collection of postcards! It felt like a morning trip just from the comforts of my office chair! :)

Bob Scotney said...

When I was works manager of a UK foundry we operated process on licence from a Portland company who made centrifugally cast tube. Regretfully I never got to see the Portland plant or any of the country shown in your great cards. Now I have a feel for what I missed.

North County Film Club said...

I'm viewing your postcards on a hot august day in California. And I must say, they've really cooled me off. Very refreshing.
Nancy

Wendy said...

Is that bridge across the falls still there? Is it a bridge for cars or just a footbridge?

Queen Bee said...

Such a lovely group of postcards - the colors are so vivid. My favorite is Mt. Hood at sunrise - just beautiful.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":