Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Book Blurb Friday #54: "Maple Tree Lane"


"Maple Tree Lane"
by Kathy Matthews

Ruth-Anne Madras wondered who would end up buying the house across the street.  Nobody ever lived there very long.  Oh, not to say that they died in it; no, they just moved out real damn fast.  

There was something strange about that house.  It never stayed on the market for long, due to the fact that Maple Tree Lane was coveted real estate in Deciduous City.  

Ruth-Anne remembered staying overnight there with her best friend Teresa when she was eight.  She had a horrible nightmare and woke up crying, needing to go home.  The house gave her the creeps; surely it did.  There was a peculiar mystery to it.

Taking one last look out her window before closing it so the bugs wouldn't get in, Ruth-Anne thought that she glimpsed a haint in the upstairs window of the oddest house on Maple Tree Lane.

Good-luck to the newcomers.  (150)

You have to check out this video; it goes with the story, is funny and it is not the same Gene Simmons of KISS:

"Aint No Haint Gonna Run Me Out"


This week's inspiring photo was taken by Sandra Davies over at Lines of Communication.



I am participating in Lisa's Book Blurb Friday, from over at Writing in the Buff.   It is fun, and you can play too!  Pretend that the picture on the top of this post is the cover of a book.  On the inside jacket, you have 150 words to entice the reader to buy your book.  Lisa gives us a week to think about next week's entry (she's gracious like that).  Please CLICK HERE on Friday to read what everybody else wrote.  To see my other BBF stories, please locate them on the left hand sidebar under the Book Blurb Friday button.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.  Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

12 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

I enjoy a good paranormal story. That would pique my interest.

Maude Lynn said...

Creepy! I like it!

Kay L. Davies said...

I knew there was something creepy about it as soon as I saw that skull reflected in the window.
Good blurb, Kathy. Loved "Deciduous City"!
K

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

Hi Kathy, I would invite the ghosts to a good feast and then I am sure they would leave me alone and I could live for ever in this beautiful house...It is interesting that there are houses around that never are settled for the long term. In our estate, all my neighbour's homes have never seen a change of hands but one, since the time we have lived here, 23 years. The House under us, living on a hill, had just now a change again, and the young people who sold it must have lost a lot of money on it. They were nice, now a new one again, a lady, I wonder how long she will last. I wonder also what is wrong with this house?

Grandma's Goulash said...

Oh yes, I want to find out what's happening in the house across the street. Wonderful blurb, Kathy. Deciduous City was a fine name choice too. As for the video, what a blast from the past. It's been years since I've heard that song.

BECKY said...

Hey Kathy...good one! I just love that picture...but I don't "see" scary stories with it! :)

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Nice one, Kathy! I'm in for a good ghost story. :)

Hootin Anni said...

Whoa....this is quite a mystery you've conjured up in my mind...now, I wanna know the rest of the story!!!

I'd Rather Be Birdin'

Tammy said...

Good one. That last line alone introduces so many possibilities that I would buy this book just to see what happens. Whatever it is, it's clearly going to be entertaining!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thanks, all!

Tatiana ... you have all the research for this story right there in your neighborhood.

Pamela said...

I once had a friend home from school when I was in grade school. At midnight she decided she wanted to go home. She lived 45 minutes from our home. My mother gave her a picture of a guardian angel helping the children over the bridge to hold. She still remembers that after 40 years!

I always enjoy your stories -- probably because they are true!

Unknown said...

I was hooked and wanted to read more. :)Thanks for sharing this song, I have not heard it before and I liked it.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":