This year, I have chosen to do a study on poet and artist, Cicely Mary Barker. I am featuring her book "A Flower Fairy Alphabet". Not only will you learn about pretty flowers, but I will also be giving you a few fun facts about Ms. Barker each day.
|Source: Wikipedia's Article on Cicely Mary Barker|
- Flower Fairies of the Winter; Blackie, 1985
- Simon the Swan; Blackie, 1988
- Flower Fairies of the Seasons; Bedrick/Blackie, 1988
- A Little Book of Prayers and Hymns; Frederick Warne, 1994
- A Flower Fairies Treasury; Frederick Warne, 1997
- Fairyopolis; Frederick Warne, 2005
- Wild Cherry Makes A Wish; (collaboration with Pippa Le Quesne) Frederick Warne, 2006
- How to find Flower Fairies; Frederick Warne, 2007
- Return to Fairyopolis; Frederick Warne, 2008
- A New Epiphany; Society for the Preservation of Christian Knowledge, 1919
- 43 Annuals; Blackie, 1920s, 1930s
- St. Cecily's Garden; 1920
- Cradle roll design; St. Edmund's, Pitlake, 1922
- Banner design; St. Mary's, Sanderstead, 1923
- The Feeding of the Five Thousand; reredos triptych, chapel at Penarth, Wales; 1929
- The Parable of the Great Supper; triptych, St. George's chapel, Waddon
- The Seven Sacraments; baptismal font panels, St. Andrew's, Croydon
- St. John the Baptist; central banner panel, Abesford church, 1943
- Lettering, sword, and shield; mount for a list of men and woman serving in the Forces, St. Andrews, Croydon, 1943
- Baptismal rolls; St. Andrews, Croydon, 1948, 1962
- The font in St Andrew's Church, South Croydon
- Out of Great Tribulation; memorial chapel, Norbury Medthodist church, 1948
- I Am Among You As He That Serveth; stained glass window design, St. Edmund's, Pitlake, 1962
- Source: Wikipedia Article on Cicely Mary Barker
- "A is for Apple Blossom"
- "B is for Bugle Flower"
- "C is for Columbine"
- "D is for Double Daisy"
- "E is for Everbright:
- "F is for Fuschia"
- "G is for Gorse"
- "H" is for Twopence"
- "I is for Iris"
- "J is for Jasmine"
- "K is for Kingcup"
- "L is for Lily-of-the-Valley"
- "M is for Mallow"
- "N is for Nasturtium"
- "O is for Orchis"
- "P is for Pansy"
- "Q is for Queen of the Meadow"
- "R is for Ragged Robin"
- "S is for Strawberry"
- "T is for Thrift"
- "U is for Urceolina"
- "V is for Vetch"
- "W is for Wallflower"
- "X is for Xerophytha"
- "Y is for Yellow Deadnettle"
- "Z is for Zinnia"
|At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot! All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today. |