Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Grass Valley, Oregon


On our way to Washington last Friday, Cary, Dana and I stopped to stretch our legs in the cute little Central Oregon town of Grass Valley, Oregon.



There were historic buildings ...


Neat old houses ...


And right in the middle of town, a little park with on-road parking.



Grass Valley City Park had a maker that counts it as sesquicentennial.  I looked it up, and that long word means 150 years.  I'm guessing that Grass Valley was 150 years old in 2009.



Here are few more pictures of the park itself:







There was also this Oregon History sign that tells about the Oregon Trail's Cutoff to the Barlow Road.  I enlarged it so that you can read it easier:


Across the street from the park is a pretty house with beautiful flower gardens ...


I always feel grateful and appreciative when a town welcomes travelers and gives it's community a delightful place to hang out.  Thanks, Grass Valley folks!

There is a lot more to see there, but we were only driving through.  There is a vacant school and old church that people are fond of taking pictures of.  Here is the Wikipedia.com link.

~ Kathy M.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

1 comment:

Sally Wessely said...

What a darling little town. Can you believe how cute that flower bed is that is front of the restrooms. Love it.

Catching up...too much going on to blog. :(

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":