Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Early Oregon ~ Postcards to Litha:

These Oregon Pioneers, John and Sarah Letsom, are my great-great grandparents:


They had a daughter named Talitha.  In 1909, my great-grandmother Talitha (or Litha, for short) received these postcards in the mail:




You can click on this postcard or any 
photo to enlarge it for better viewing.


Florence, Talitha, John, Homer and Jack the dog.







Kids on the porch at the 
Letsom home in Scott's Valley, Oregon


My Great-Grandpa Ben and Great-Grandma Litha


Great Aunt Martha, Great Grandma Litha and Great Uncle Kit



If you enjoyed this post, I think that 
you will also really enjoy this one:


Thank you for your visit, and please come back soon.



At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check
  

Here is a website with info about Cape Disappointment; you can Google if for more info also:  Lighthouse Friends

8 comments:

juliejulie said...

Love this! I have some of those postcards too...in fact I think I have some that Ben sent to Talitha while he was courting her. Soooo romantic! That was all pre-Facebook of course.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thanks! Did Nanny give you a picture frame with four of them? That is where these came from. I'd love to see yours. LOL, pre-FB ... how did we live?

MuseSwings said...

These are wonderful pictures and cards! It's nice to see Litha through the years!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, MS! I appreciate you stopping by to say hello. Take care.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I love that you have a "trail" of postcards through the years! The one of the lighthouse is beautiful. I wonder why it was called Cape Disappointment. You could weave many stories around that. :)

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Sheila,

Oh, thank you! I'm not sure why it is called that, but I'll find out and put a link on here to Cape Disappointment. Great idea. I appreciate you stopping by to say hi!

God bless,

Kathy

Dorincard said...

Great blog! I'll follow. :)

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thanks Dorin. I have you on my sidebar too.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":