Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Book Blurb #59: "Riley Was Here, Among Others"

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

"Riley Was Here, Among Others"
by Kathy Matthews

When Roger was twelve, he took a picture of his baby sister's stuffed toy Riley.  He was only practicing his photography.  When Roger printed off the picture to give it to Emily, he was intrigued by the human faces and animal images that seemed to be embedded into the concrete wall behind Riley.

What in the heck was this all about, he wondered.  Was it just his imagination?  He could see where graffiti had been painted over. Perhaps the walls had been scrubbed at some point.  Still, that didn't explain things well enough for Roger. 

Learn the true story of how one little picture inspired the career of paranormal photographer Roger Wall in his autobiography, "Riley Was Here, Among Others".  This book is full of Wall's best work.

No matter what you believe, this book will blow your mind. It may just change how you view the world.  (148)

This week's photo was taken by Sioux Rosalowski of  Sioux's Page. Thanks, Sioux!


I am participating in Lisa's Book Blurb Friday, from over at Writing in the Buff.   It is fun, and you can play too!  Pretend that the picture on the top of this post is the cover of a book.  On the inside jacket, you have 150 words to entice the reader to buy your book.  Lisa gives us a week to think about next week's entry (she's gracious like that).  Please CLICK HERE on Friday to read what everybody else wrote.  To see my other BBF stories, please locate them on the left-hand sidebar under the Book Blurb Friday button.



At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.  Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

6 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Kathy---A ghost story. I would like to read this one...your blurb got me intrigued. (I took the photo during a family bike ride. My daughter and granddaughter were along, and my husband chalked the message about Riley (our granddaughter--then 4) on the concrete wall under the highway along the bike path.)

Sandra Davies said...

Sounds like a fascinating account of an interesting life - I couldn't get fiction to work either for this photo.

Kay L. Davies said...

Yes, Kathy, I'd buy this book based on your blog. A paranormal photographer — what an interesting idea.
K

Tammy said...

Clever blurb, and you sure got me staring at that picture! This one sounds too fascinating to pass up!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Kathy, you just keep getting better and better at this stuff. Great blurb, terrific concept. Yes, I'd read this!

Grandma`s Goulash said...

This is a wonderful blurb - it quickly captivated my interest and I'd love to read the bio and see the pics.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":