Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happy Birthday, Cary!


Happy Birthday, Cary ....

Remember that handsome couple from last week, Troy and Darlene? Well, before they were living on the Trinity River  (please click here to see last week's Sepia Saturday post about that), they were busy getting married and having their babies. Their first baby, my husband Cary, is celebrating his birthday today.  Happy Birthday, best friend husband!  The photos in this slide show were taken when the family was still living in Huntington Beach, California.






















One, two, skip a few:

Can you spot him?










Three, four, skip some more:





To make a long story short, Cary grew up, got married, joined the Air Force and had three beautiful kids.  Then, he became a cop, retired from that career and moved to Central Oregon.  Later, after his divorce, he bought his Dad's company, married me, inherited three wonderful step-children and ended up with a total of ten awesome grandkids.  Cary is now living happily ever after in the small community of Mayberry.  The end. 


Last summer, up at Paulina Lake.



I just had to throw these in here.  This is our grandson, Johnny.  
We think he just may be Cary's clone.

This photo was taken last summer, when 
Johnny hit the ball out of the ballpark!



This is my very favorite baby picture of Cary ... I think this is what they mean when they say somebody is a living doll:



Happy Birthday, My Cary.  You light up the lives of all that you come across.  Thanks for finding me out in the woods, and choosing me to be your wife.  I love you so much, forever and ever amen.

Kathy 




This is a kind of mushy Sepia Saturday post.  If you enjoyed these old photos with a touch of history, I know that you will enjoy the other neat Sepia Saturday posts!  Please CLICK HERE when it gets closer to Saturday to see more.




If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

16 comments:

BECKY said...

Awwww, what a great post, Kathy! So many adorable photos of Cary!! Wasn't he just the cutest little boy?! And grew up into a handsome teenager and adult man!! I'm happy that you're both happy together! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CARY!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

As usual these days, I'm coming late to the party, but at least I made it!

Beautiful tribute to the love of your life! I've no doubt he's a wonderful man since you chose to marry him. I'd say you both got lucky in the life partner department. :)

Happy Birthday, Cary!

Unknown said...

Very nice tribute to your Honey. Great pics. Happy Birthday!!!

Lynn said...

What adorable pictures! I'm behind on all my blog reading, so Happy Belated Birthday to your hubby! He's lucky to have you!

Postcardy said...

It is fascinating to see the chronological pictures of how one person changed over the years.

Kristin said...

love all the rocking chair photos. wonder if they were taken on the same day or if that was just the place to sit to take photos with cary. i've got a rocker like that. maybe we should start taking photos in it. and i like the song too.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dad! and yes this does look like Johnny! and.... Johnny says daily how gorgeous he is! hhmmmmm....just like someone else I know! lol
~Shanna

Tattered and Lost said...

Especially love all of the ones in the flannel shirt. Looks like a little dude who should be behind the wheel of a 56 Chevy out cruising Main Street.

Alan Burnett said...

Happy birthday Cary : After such a delightful and informative tribute of a post I feel I know Cary, so I will raise a glass in birthday greeting to him tonight.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post! The stills are just great, and I loved the slideshow.

Found your blog through the Sepia Saturday blog...

Betsy Brock said...

I'm sure it was those eyelashes and eyes that made you fall in love with him! lol. And yes, Johnny looks just like him! :)

What a very nice post! Happy Birthday, Cary!

Bob Scotney said...

I wonder how many of us could show a progression of picture like this. I certainly couldn't.

Hope you had a great birthday, Cary.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, everybody. Cary appreciates your birthday wishes and says thanks too. He keeps saying, "That was nice!"

I'll be by to visit you, if I haven't already. We were gone most of yesterday and I'm a bit behind.

Have a wonderful week, friends!

Anonymous said...

Great photos and birthday tribute. I saw a stroller much like the one pictured at an antique shop in Orange, not too far from Huntington, just the other day. Maybe it was his? hee hee

Nancy said...

I'm late getting to the Sepia Saturday posts so I'm late wishing Cary a happy birthday. I hope it was a wonderful one! He was a very cute baby but I think he just kept getting better and better looking as he grew older. I love the photo of you two. Wonderful. (And I also like the rockers in the photos when he was young. They are wonderful.)

Margaret said...

The pony photo is AMAZING! Handsome husband, handsome grandson.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":