Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday #140:

Reflections:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
Corvallis, Oregon


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
Corvallis, Oregon


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
The Big Deschutes River, La Pine, Oregon


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
The McKenzie River Valley, Oregon


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
The McKenzie River Valley, Oregon


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
McCreadie Hot Springs, Willamette Pass, Oregon


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
McCreadie Hot Springs, Willamette Pass, Oregon


Shadows:

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
La Pine, Oregon
  

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
 Wall Street Bar Patio, Bend, Oregon

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
Mcmenamins' St. Francis School, Bend, Oregon


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
My Sweetie, McKenzie River/Rainbow, Oregon



I'm joining Tracy and everybody at Shadow Shot Sunday, over at Hey Harriet. Click here to see some very beautiful photography!



Happy Shadow Shot Sunday, and thanks so much for stopping by!

                                                                                                                            

Don't miss out on the news ... please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today. 

22 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Terrific shadow shots from one of my favorite states, Oregon! I lived there for 15 years and have been to most of the places in your photos! What lovely memories! And welcome to the fun of Shadow Shot!! Look forward to seeing more Oregon shadows! Enjoy your weekend!

Sylvia

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Sylvia,

Thank you so much! I am glad that these brought back fond memories for you. It is beautiful here, that is for sure. I am very happy to have found SSS.

Take care,

Kathy

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous shadow shots! I am now a follower of your blog!
My shadow shot, hope you can come by.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Wow, you got some beauties. I love the very first McKenzie River shot. That one has a poem in it. :)

Sally in WA said...

You've shared some wonderful shots of Oregon!

Ms. Becky said...

oh, this has been a lovely trip around Oregon. I haven't been there in several years but my sis has lived there for 35+ years. your shadows are beautiful. and thanks for the Jimmy Buffet tune!!! happy SSS.

Hey Harriet said...

You live in such a beautiful part of the world! The scenery that surrounds you is breathtaking! I bet the air smells so clean and fresh too! Such a lovely collection of photos. I wish I could jump on a plane and visit your lovely Oregon! Maybe one day... :)

I hope you have a lovely week!

KathyB. said...

Great pictures, and Oregon provides so many beautiful and interesting places to take pictures. I especially like the one at McCredie Hot Springs.

Hootin Anni said...

Breathtaking scenery...the hot springs I would like to visit right now!! And your shadow shots are wonderful...love the deck view your 'sweetie' has.

SHELL SHADOW

http://hootin--anni.blogspot.com/2011/01/shadowy-existence-amongst-dust.html


Hope your weekend has been treating you well.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. My sister lives in Kerrville TX and I have yet to go on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. Next time!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Rose - Thank you so much for becoming a follower! I'm glad you enjoyed this week's SS.

Hi Lisa - You know that I would sure love to see your poem. That is one of my favorites too. It is from Delta Campground. I'll post more of that place soon.

Hi Sally - Thank you for stopping by! I'm happy that you like them.

Miss Becky - Well, it sounds like it is time for you to come and visit your sister! It is easy to take pictures when you are in Oregon. Glad to know that you are a Parrothead too! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment.

Hi Tracy - You are welcome to come and stay with us at any time. It is so pretty here.

Kathy B. - Thank you! I have a post on those hot springs; maybe I'll do another one with the newer photos that we have taken. That hot springs is right off the main highway, and we stop there to stretch our legs when we go to the valley.

Hi Anni, thanks! I'll tell Cary that you liked that photo ... he was drinking a cup of early morning coffee at a cute little cabin we rented.

Hi Joan - I really appreciate your comments. Oh, The Riverwalk is a must! We went to the Army National Football Combine event, and it was really cold that week; plus they had drained the river for clean up, but still it was beautiful.

Thank you, everybody ... you are all entered in Monday's drawing.

Kathy

Dimple said...

I love these. I have been in/through Oregon many times and have always enjoyed the visit (except for driving freeways through major metropolitan areas!) So much beauty to be found, thank you for sharing some of it!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Dimple! Thank you so much for stopping by and for the nice things you wrote. Yeah, Portland is the worse traffic that we have. I'll keep sharing, especially on Shadow Shot Sunday. I'm entering you into my drawing.

Kathy

Legacy of Love said...

Great photos, esp. of your honey at the end.

Loving your Billy Joel music.

God Bless!
julie

Gloria said...

Beautiful Oregon photos, as usual, Kathy! Hope you have been well and enjoying your Winter. I, however, am looking forward to Spring!! :)
Best,
Gloria

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Julie, thanks for becoming my newest follower! Glad you liked seeing some of Oregon, my Cary and the music.

Hi Gloria, thank you so much! I'm looking forward to spring too (well, around here we don't get spring ... it is summer that we for.)

Kathe W. said...

great shadow and reflection shots!
Cheers!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, Kathe W!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

These pics make me want to live in Oregon! Fabulous shots and beautiful shadows.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi SJ! It is pretty here, that is for sure.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

IF SHADOWS COULD TALK

If shadows could talk,
Just what would they say?
If you listen close,
You’ll hear them, you may.
Shadows do chatter
And gossip and talk
In the store windows,
Along the sidewalk,
Over the mountains,
On prairie and plain,
Begging for sunshine
And not days of rain;
Emboldened by light,
The stark shadows say:
“We’re out for a lark,
Please join us at play!”


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Shadow Sweeper

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Magical Mystical Teacher,

Thank you so much for sharing your poetry with us!

Kathy

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":