Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A - Z Challenge: "V" is for Violets: Vex-Con and Billy-the-Exterminator

During the month of April, I am participating in the Blogging From A-Z April 2012 Challenge, where we post everyday except for Sundays. I have decided to make flashcards for the letter of the day out of my photos, and then use the picture as a writing prompt. 

Today, I am doing something different and am re-posting a review that I did on the show Billy the Exterminator and Vex-Con in 2010.

Thank you for your visit, and please come back again tomorrow!  I'll be by to visit those who leave me comments, and also visit as many others as I can.  If you like what you see, please feel free to become my newest follower.  ~ Kathy M.

I messed up on this flash card!  The flowers below are pansies, not violets, though some are violet in color:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Vex-Con:  Billy the Exterminator


July 29, 2010 - This is one of my new favorite shows.  It really isn't like Dog the Bounty Hunter, except for the fact that they wear black leather, are a family business, and are on A & E.   The Bretherton Family at Vex Con are pretty traditional folks.  The draw for me?  I enjoyed visiting Louisiana, so that catches my attention.  I couldn't live in a place with all those alligators, snakes and cockroaches, but it is very interesting to watch Billy and Ricky go at it.  Billy is very likable, and I learn a lot from watching this show.  Billy just might be by new secret boyfriend.  I think that he is more appropriate than Leland, who is a bit young for this old grandma.  I got most of the following photos off of Vex Con's Facebook page.





Donnie, Bill Sr., Billy, Ricky and Mary


Meet Billy.  Billy the Exterminator.  The reason for the business; The reason for the show.

A former Air Force sergeant with 15 years of working in the extermination business, you gotta love this guy.   He's cute in his own way.  Billy is smart, nice, and laughs a lot.  He loves his mom, dad and brother.  He loves his wife, Mary, though she's kind of a pain.  The only person that he doesn't like is his sister-in-law, Pam.



 
Meet Ricky, Billy's brother, who is severely allergic to wasps.  Ricky loves his ex-wife, Pam, to no end.  Ricky drives everybody crazy, because Pam treats him like crap, but he won't take his ring off.  One time he thought he was actually over Pam, so he dated her best friend.  Ricky even brought her to work to meet his mom, Donnie.  The girl then asked to borrow Ricky's work truck, so he let her, and she took it over to some guy's house and never brought it back.  They even had to call the cops!  Ricky thinks that Mary, Billy's wife is very manipulative and that she is a pain in the butt.


This is Donnie, Billy and Ricky's mother.  She is a partner in the business, and does dispatch and runs the office.  Donnie is nice, but very bossy.  Because she is the mom, everybody is already used to that.  Donnie makes every call seem like an emergency, and always throws "there is a danger to the children" into her walkie-talkie so that Billy will not dawdle and will race right over to the source of the emergency.  Donnie hates Pam.  Donnie thinks that Mary is a pain too, but she is nice to her.  Donnie bosses Bill, Sr. around a lot too because he is her husband and recently had heart surgery.  She just doesn't want him to over do it.



This man is Bill, Sr., Donnie's husband, and Billy and Ricky's dad.  Bill, Sr. sunk a bunch of money into Vex Con.  He is pretty quiet overall.  Bill keeps having troubles with his heart.  The ambulance had to come to the office on one of the re-runs last night.  He calls his unrelated workers the mules. 

To his credit, Bill doesn't say much about either Pam or Mary, so I am not sure where he stands on his daughter-in-laws.





This is Mary, Billy's wife.  Mary and Billy live in the same building where the office is.  Mary doesn't actually work for the company right now.  I thought that they let her go, but last night she gave her letter of resignation.  Maybe a case of too little too late on that one. Mary was making everybody mad, because when Donnie was gone, she would come into the office and begin training the employees, even though she had no idea what she was doing.   The employees were confused and not really buying into these unofficial training meetings.

Mary is pretty, and she loves Billy, but to me, she just doesn't seem as smart has he is.  Sorry, Mary.  People probably say the same thing about me.  In addition, now she is getting jealous because Billy works too much and she thinks he is out with other women.  I doubt that he is.  Ricky says that Billy needs peace when he gets home, not arguing, and if Mary doesn't knock it off  then she might come home from the store one day and find the locks changed.  Mary does not want to get the boot, so it may be a good idea for her to take Ricky's advice.  For the record, Mary is a much nicer lady than Pam.  Everybody agrees on that.  My guess is that Mary will probably get pregnant pretty soon.  That would give her a good job that nobody can argue with.  Donnie will probably try to tell her how to take care of the baby though.  That is just how Donnie is.   

The end.

If you enjoyed this post, you might also like this one:



Update

I haven't been watching this show much recently.  I still enjoy it, but never know when it is on. They have an irregular schedule, but now that I have found the links below, I can easily catch up.  Season 5 just completed airing last month.  Mary and Ricky seem to be doing great.  No baby yet.  Ricky was busted for possessing pot in 2010 and had to pay a $500 fine, but hopefully that is all behind him.  I guess that Donnie and Bill, Sr. are doing fine too.  It is kind of hard to find out gossip about this family, but I think that may be because they are just regular people who don't screw up very much.  And that, I appreciate.


Interview with Billy on ABC News:



  A to Z Participant List

Following the theme of the of the alphabet, I am also featuring this out-of-circulation book created by a couple of Oregon ladies in 1983.  Please come back tomorrow to see the next page in the series:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

  Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.  Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I've never heard of that show, but I do enjoy Swamp People which is filmed in the Louisiana bayou, as you can guess!

Arlee Bird said...

Never heard of that show but having spent some time in Louisiana I can attest to the abundance of various vermin there. Cockroaches are common. Yuck!

Lee
Please help me reach 100 followers at:
A Few Words
An A to Z Co-host blog
My Main blog is Tossing It Out

Arkansas Patti said...

I haven't seen it, will have to check to see if I get it. Rather disappointed there was no picture of Pam after hearing no one likes her.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Wendy, I do like Swamp People, but there is a lot of killing, though I guess that is the point of the show.

Lee and Patti ... I'm thinking now that they need to work on their marketing! Patti, I looked her up, but they don't have pics of her on their site and I don't want to post a picture of somebody who has the same name but is not her. I'll keep looking, because you are right, it would be good to have her picture at the end.

Kathy M.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":