Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rednesday: Weathered Buildings with Red Windows in Chemult

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
If you ever wondered what that saturation button does, 
the photo above explains it nicely.


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


I took these a week and a half ago when we took Kylie down to Chemult to get on the train.  They were located 1/2 a small block away from the train station.  I wish I knew the whole story behind them.  When I find out, I'll let you know.  I wonder if they might have been those cool old houses that were moved by rail to a new railroad and/or logging camp when they were building the railroads/and or logging camps?  They are very mysterious to me.  But, they have red windows and therefore they count for Rednesday.

Happy Rednesday, my friends!

~ Kathy

When you are through here at Oregon Gifts, please scoot on over to Rednesday at  Sue's:  It's A Very Cherry World!





At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful photos of these old buildings! You're a great photographer.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Love that saturation button! My daughter uses that feature not with her camera, which doesn't offer it, but with the photo program she has. These photos are poem inspiring.

LV said...

You really came up with a winning post today. Those old buildings and their red windows are a perfect feature. I am like you, I am inclined to think they were temporary houses for the workers there.

★Carol★ said...

I'd love to know about those buildings too, because they sure have aged beautifully! And you took really great shots of them too!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Sheila, well thank you so much for coming to visit and admiring my work! I am finally beginning to feel like a real photographer.

Hi Lisa, I used the saturation setting on my computer, to be truthful. My camera does have an aperture setting and I do try to use it ... that is usually when my shadow shots happen. That is so fun that she is learning young ... more years to practice.

LV, thank you! One reason why I think so is that they were close to the tracks and are sitting on logs. Someday, when I write my book, they will play a part in it. I sure appreciate you stopping by to say hello.

Hi Carol, well, now you and LV have set me up for a mission to find out. Thank you so much for coming to see me, and Happy Rednesday to you too!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":