Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, April 29, 2011

April's A - Z Challenge: The Letter "Y" is for "Yard"

Source: Petit Bliss.com


The Letter "Y" is for "Yard"

Now, we are not talking about a front yard or a back yard here.  We have a business that involves surface mining, and to do that, we have a gravel pit and a wash plant.  We call it "the yard", as in, "Well, I'm heading down to the yard now, honey." 

Last night we were driving through on our way home from the store, and took these cool pictures.  There was a new dusting of snow on the piles of gravel, and it looked so beautiful.  I hope that you will enjoy viewing the evening sky as well!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
This is my best friend husband, Cary.  It is a federal law that you have to wear a hard had at all times if you are down in the pit.  Even if everything is shut down, and you are standing in a totally safe zone.  Even if you want to take the dogs for a run.  Go figure.  The fines are steep.  A customer could be fined $5,000 and we would have to match it, if they did not follow the hard hat rule.  Great. 


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
That is an interesting looking orb.


THEY LOOK AT THE SKY

The look at the sky, and they say,
“Though storm clouds be scudding my way,
I still like the sight;
By day or by night
All heaven’s a stunning display.”

© 2010 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Hem of Night


This is a SkyWatch Friday post.  To see many other beautiful sky shots from around the world, please CLICK HERE when you are all done here at Oregon Gifts.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope that each of you has a wonderful weekend.




Today is the twenty-fifth day of the A - Z Challenge, which is hosted by  Arlee Bird's: Tossing It Out.   Several of my blogging friends are participating, and this year there are over 1,200 participants. We post everyday, except for Sundays, and work our way through the alphabet. I am posting past photos that I have taken, and am linking them up to the posts where the photos originated from too. When you are all done here at Oregon Gifts,  please click here to visit the other bloggers who are participating in this challenge. 


If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

6 comments:

Hart Johnson said...

I love how the snow gathers in the grooves. In a normal landscape, there is too much variability to notice things like that, but with the gravel pit, it is really clear. (also loved your freaky X-files shots yesterday)

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Some of these photos have a surreal look to them---way cool, Kathy. You really have an eye for a photo, and your work just keeps getting better and better.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Snow? So late in the year? I can't say that I envy you, even though the dusting does look lovely!

THEY LOOK AT THE SKY

The look at the sky, and they say,
“Though storm clouds be scudding my way,
I still like the sight;
By day or by night
All heaven’s a stunning display.”


© 2010 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Hem of Night

Lynn said...

Those photos are awesome! I just love them. So beautiful.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hart - I know what you mean about the grooves and shadows. They help the snow define the piles. I'm glad you like my X File pics too. Thanks for stopping by!

Lisa - thank you! I've noticed that they are getting better too. I don't have to touch them up as much when I develop them.

MMT - Hi! Thanks for your poem, I'm got add it. Yeah, we have been known to get snow even in July, but it doesn't last. We are at 4200' and I think that has something to do with it. It is going to be in the 60's today though. I'll be by to visit in a minute.

Lynn - thank you, my friend!

Kathy M.

forgetmenot said...

Kathy, Great shots--really pretty, but isn't it Spring!!!!! Wow, it just keeps snowing up there. Have a good Sunday. Mickie :)

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":