Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Book Blurb Friday #56: "Antoinette's Adventure"

 Sumartian Tiger by Scott Liddell

"Antoinette's Adventure"
by Kathy Matthews

Antoinette ("Toni") was born at the San Antonio Zoo in 2000.  With her mild temperament and stunning looks, Toni's trainers recognized the zoo mascot that she would become. 

Toni's life was structured, until the zoo was offered a substantial sum to bring her each Friday to The Riverwoods Cafe on San Antonio's famous River Walk.  Toni's presence would increase café traffic, and her visibility would advertise the zoo.  It was a win/win situation.

On her first appearance, Toni was placed into a fancy white cage on the patio near the river.  Folks stopped to say hello, and families posed for pictures. 

The next week, however, Toni somehow escaped into the cafe right before it opened.  It was beautiful inside; she felt right at home and never wanted to leave.  It took days to be safely caught, and Toni’s reactions caused zoos world-wide to rethink the designs for their tiger dens. (150)



I am participating in Lisa's Book Blurb Friday, from over at Writing in the Buff.   It is fun, and you can play too!  Pretend that the picture on the top of this post is the cover of a book.  On the inside jacket, you have 150 words to entice the reader to buy your book.  Lisa gives us a week to think about next week's entry (she's gracious like that).  Please CLICK HERE on Friday to read what everybody else wrote.  To see my other BBF stories, please locate them on the left hand sidebar under the Book Blurb Friday button.

When I first saw the beautiful picture for this week by Scott Liddel, it reminded me of our visit to the Rainforest Cafe in San Antonio, Texas.  Here are a few of the pictures that I took when we were there in 2010.  What tiger wouldn't want to visit this enchanting place:


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.  Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

6 comments:

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Tigers are so beautiful, and your blurb makes great use of this one. Interesting premise!

Bookie said...

Unique idea of showing the tiger on the Riverwalk. I forgot for a moment we were reading fiction! San Antonio might want to read/think this one!

Arkansas Patti said...

I can see where the jungle look would appeal to her though pretty sure the other animals were rather stuffy:))

Kim, USA said...

Looks like the Rainforest in SA has more stuff than her in MI. Beautiful photos Kathy happy weekend!

Tammy said...

Cool blurb AND pictures! There's so much you could do with this very clever premise. Love your new background, btw!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, ladies. Patti, I loved your pun!

Kathy

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":