Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Monday, April 9, 2012

A - Z Challenge: "H" is for Helicopter

During the month of April, I am participating in the Blogging From A-Z April 2012 Challenge, where we post everyday except for Sundays. I have decided to make flashcards for the letter of the day out of my photos, and then use the picture as a writing prompt. I am using a Thesaurus to find as many words that begin with the letter "H" and turn them into a story that will still make sense.

Thank you for your visit, and please come back again tomorrow! I'll be by to visit those who leave me comments, and also visit as many others as I can. If you like what you see, please feel free to become my newest follower. ~ Kathy M. 


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

"Helicopter Hippies"
by Kathy Matthews

The Hair Link helicopter habitat was spotless, and the company employees were happy-go-lucky, handsome and very hardy.  Hippies at heart, they worked in harmony with each other.  The hanger was their haven. 

A rescue call came in announcing that a harmless harlot was hurt during a hashish harvest in Heppner. 

Heading into Heppner was a hassle.  Pilot Hermy Henderson had a headache, and was flying headlong into a horrible storm.  He was generally healthy, but was hopelessly heartbroken that his heart-throb and co-worker Helen had hastily dumped him for Hector, a high-spirited man that gave Hermy the heebie-jeebies.  Helen sat behind Hermy in the helicopter; she was one of the hot and helpful paramedic helicopter nurses. 

The high winds caused Hermy to hesitate, and the helicopter was hindered.  To be honest, there was a hint of horrifying happenings ahead, and Hermy wished that he was at home with a highball.

To read about the visit that our granddaughter Kylie and I made to Air Link in Bend, Oregon (January 2011) and to see more photos of that helicopter above, please "CLICK HERE".


 A to Z Participant List

Following the theme of the of the alphabet, I am also featuring this out-of-print book created by a couple of Oregon ladies in 1983.  Please come back tomorrow to see the next page in the series:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

  Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.  Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

4 comments:

Kim, USA said...

Happy Easter Monday!! Colorful Alphabet book like it!


My Cake

Wendy said...

That's me: hot and helpful. At least I'm not a harmless harlot. HA

Linda Reeder said...

Well that was fun! Hooray for helicopters! I took a helicopter ride in Alaska and landed on a glacier. It was amazing!

Nick Wilford said...

That was "highly" entertaining! I love the idea of helicopter hippies. I was actually going to go with the same idea for my theme, but decided it was too much work! Good on you for trying it!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":