Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

The McKenzie River Valley Brings It's Own Source of Joy:




In another life, I lived in the lower part of the valley (Cedar Flat, Walterville and Leaburg), lived at a Christian Camp, owned a daycare (Comfort and Joy ... I have always loved that name!), and had lots of wonderful friends there.


The past couple of years my Best Friend Husband and I have been going to visit the upper valley several times a year. We usually stay in the Blue River, Rainbow and McKenzie River areas. We camp when we have the dogs, or often stay at Holiday Farm Resort when we don't. That is a wonderful place to go, and we have met so many nice local people in that area. Here are some photos of the scenery.


My Best Friend Husband early in the morning at one of the cabins on the river (I'm certain he doesn't mind having this particular photo on the internet):

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

The Oregon Duck dancing to the Valley Boys in September at Holiday Farms Resort:

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Best Friend Husband and kids Sonny (almost 5) and Dana (almost 1) at Delta Campground by Cougar Resevoir:

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Some views from Ben and Kay Dorris picnic area last weekend:

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

There is so much beauty and so many things to do ... camping, hiking, boating, fishing, rafting, hot springs, nice people ... we love it there.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check


No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":