Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Recent Reads: "Knit in Comfort" by Isabel Sharpe



"Knit in Comfort"
by Isabel Sharpe
c. 2010

I loved this book!  I couldn't put it down, and it only took me two days to finish it.  What a treat.  I totally got lost within the story, and found it believable and smoothly written.  Plus, nobody dies or anything bad, and it is funny.

So, what is Knit in Comfort about?  A young woman, Elizabeth, decides to take a break from her lonely life in NYC and impulsively spend some summer time in a place that she has never been to nor even heard of before.  Elizabeth finds a little apartment to rent over the garage at Megan and her family's home in the North Carolina town of Comfort.  She quickly becomes immersed in Megan's life, which includes her friends, kids, mother-in-law Vera, and Megan's husband, Stanley. 

As Megan and Vera teach their knitting group to knit the fine Shetland Lace for another friend's wedding, they all get to know each other even better, due to Elizabeth.  I won't give anymore away, but there is a great story here with surprising twists.  Each woman in the story grows and comes to terms with her own romantic relationships by the end of the book.

Themes include, knitting, small towns, looks can be deceiving, divorce, separation, the Island of Shetland, Shetland Lace, hunches and dreams, gossip, selfishness, friendship and more.

If you get the chance, I say, two thumbs up on reading this one.  I can't wait to read some of her other books, which include As Good As It Got and over twenty Harlequin romance novels.  Her website is www.isabelsharpe.com.

Happy reading,

Kathy M.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

4 comments:

Linda Reeder said...

You had me interested until you mentioned Harlequin Romance novels. Then, no thanks. While I don't mean to be snobbish, I just can't read that level of writing. I find myself analyzing the quality of the writing and not getting into the story.

Gloria said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your latest book. I am reading a book right now that STINKS!! I am almost done, thank goodness! LOL! I should have just stopped reading it, but I kept waiting, telling myself it would get better. It never did, and I hate to just give up on it, so I will finish it. A really good book you would enjoy is: Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man by Fannie Flagg. It is my favorite book of all time (next to Gone with the Wind).
Best,
Gloria

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Linda, I don't read them either, but maybe all that practice went to making this one so good!

Hi Gloria, thank you for the tip, I'll keep my eyes open. It is a drag to have so much time into a bad book and not want to give up, isn't it?

Pamela said...

Thanks for this review. I just went and downloaded it to my kindle. I don't read a lot of fiction but I'm leaving Wednesday for a week in California and wanted something light for on the airplane (and sitting by the pool!).

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":