Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lisa Ricard Claro's Book Blurb Friday: "Always Awry ... Searching for Starlight"



Always Awry:
Searching for Starlight

Sargent Daniel Awry may have appeared to be a tourist wandering down the cobblestone streets of the oldest city in Italy, but he wasn’t.

Enlisted by the American Embassy to search for the missing famous actress, Starlight Jones, Awry let his instincts guide him toward the domed building ahead.  Starlight’s cell phone had been traced to that location, though the battery must certainly be dead by now.  Daniel fervently hoped that he wouldn’t find her in the same condition.

Not dead yet, Starlight Jones had a few tricks up her sleeve, as she concentrated on outwitting her captures. They may be armed, but they certainly were no match in the intelligence department.   

The first book in a fast paced who-done-it series, you will not be disappointed.  Full of action, humor and quirky characters; follow Daniel and Starlight in their world of intrigue and adventure.




I am participating in Lisa's Book Blurb Friday, from over at Writing in the Buff.   It is fun, and you can play too!  Pretend that the picture above is the cover of a book.  On the inside jacket, you have 150 words to entice the reader to buy your book.  Lisa gives us a week to think about next week's entry (she's gracious like that).  Please CLICK HERE  to read what everybody else wrote!

Also, today's photo was taken by Sandra Davies from over at lines of communication.  Sandra, what a great photo, and it sure did inspire me!



If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

13 comments:

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Hi Kathy - Terrific blurb! This sounds like a fun read, and I'd definitely take it to the check-out. Nice!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, Lisa. I may be getting the hang of it now. :>)

BECKY said...

Hey Kathy! This was awesome!! You go, girl! I can't seem to come up with any good ideas for the book blurbs lately. Maybe I'll join in again at a later time! Great job!!

Susan Fobes said...

Kathy this is great! (Okay, I didn't mean to sound like Tony the Tiger on that but it's true...) I loved the way you went between what was going on with Starlight and Daniel-quite masterful this week!

Lynn said...

Boy, it makes it hard for me to post my blurbs after I read Lisa's and then yours and then all the others. Everyone is so creative!

Ellie Garratt said...

Now that was an awesome blurb and though I don't often who-dunnit books I would be tempted by this one!

Book Blurb Friday

Sandra Davies said...

I DO like 'intelligence' in my protagonists and these two cannot help but provide a fascinating read - enjoyed this one immensely.

Grace said...

I love this, will we get to see any romance too? I also love the setting, I love Italy! I love those Gaeta photos as well. You know I've been to Italy about 10 times in my life but I've never been to Gaeta...
(pss I have complete writer's block re BBF. sigh...)

Jenners said...

The title rocks! And funnily enough, I had decided that the street WASN'T cobblestone and abandoned my initial concept.

Dominic de Mattos said...

ROFL - wow not just a book, but a whole series!!

I can see this being a lot of fun, and eminently readable!

:Dom

Tammy said...

Mystery, humor AND quirky characters?! I'm there!

Ms.Daisy said...

Oh, Kathy, I like it...A who-done-it-series! I can't wait to find out how Starlight figures into this mystery! I would be reading this one for sure!



~Jean

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, everybody. Your encouragement makes me want to keep trying!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":