Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday #160: McPherson, Kansas Shadows and Tints

Wikipedia: McPherson, Kansas Link

 Source: Podunk.com

Last week, I showed you how Picnick turned my photos into pencil sketches.  This Sunday, I used the very same application, but moved the bottom bar to the right a tiny bit to add some tint.  These photos were taken in downtown McPherson Kansas last fall, when we went to visit Cary's son Randy and his family.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

If you ever make it to downtown McPherson and are hungry, please consider stopping by Neighbors Cafe for a tasty homemade meal.  Nestled inside a comfy old building, they cook their homemade food on the grill behind the counter and give you a lot for your money.   Neighbors is where the locals hang out, and the owner, Shelly, is welcoming, nice and funny.  If you go, tell them that Tyler's Grandpa Cary and Grandma Kathy from Oregon sent you!  For another Shadow Shot post that I did on McPherson in February, please CLICK HERE.

This is a Shadow Shot Sunday post!  Please CLICK HERE  to visit Tracy over in Australia at "Hey Harriet" and see some fantastic shadow shots from around the world.




If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today. Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

7 comments:

liberal sprinkles said...

I love the photos-turned-sketches. It's amazing what you can do with apps and software nowadays but sometimes I feel sad the thrill of getting a great photo from "real" photography is gone!
Have a great day, Kathy!
Grace

Sylvia K said...

Terrific shadow shots for the day, Kathy! Love the old building and what a lovely house! Hope you have a great week! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Ms. Becky said...

I really like that top photo - the shadow is pretty darn cool. I like what you did with Piknick too, it's awesome how creative we can get using a little bit of tweaking here and there. great job Kathy. nice old building too. the good food is found wherever the locals hang out. isn't that the truth? happy SSS, and have a great week Kathy.

Antonella said...

I really love your "sketches" They work perfectly with buildings... I have to give this a try! Hugs, antonella :-)

Arkansas Patti said...

Even if you hadn't give the cafe two thumbs up, I would want to stop there. It just looks full of character.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Grace, thank you, and I know what you are saying. Some of my all time favorites are the ones that I took of my kids in the Grandfather Tree, with my 35mm when it was working well. Still, I couldn't afford to print out the many pictures that I take today, and am grateful for technology in the photo world.

Sylvia, thank you so much, I'm glad that you enjoyed them. I'm thinking about making cards out of a few.

Ms. Becky, thank you! It is fun, isn't it? I love that we can all have a chance to do what only the pros could do a few years back. You are right about best food being where the locals hang out. You are so smart!

Antonella, thank you too! It is fun to play with the options, and the straight lines of buildings seem to work well on the "sketch" choice.

Patti, I know that you would love it there.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

While I think the original photos are just fine the way they are, I can see that you're having fun tweaking the images!


SHADOWY DINNER

A shadow, a shadow, a shadow you say?
A shadow is coming to dinner today?

Oh, what shall we feed it, and what will it eat?
Just toss down a few rays of light at its feet,

And watch its dark mouth gobble up every ray,
But be sure, my friend, you don’t get in its way;

Keep out of the light so it won’t gobble you.
(If I were the hostess, that’s just what I’d do.)

A shadow is easy to feed, so they say,
So welcome your shadow to dinner today.


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher


Sad Shadows

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":