Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Book Blurb Friday #55: "Free Time"


 Free Time
by Kathy Matthews

Sam Russell's wife and baby accompanied him down the wharf toward the Chelsea Rose, where he was hitching a ride from Newport to Seattle on his way to Alaska.  Sam was a foreign fisheries biologist with NOAA and would be spending the next couple of months on a Polish vessel, monitoring their catch.  Essentially, Sam was a fish cop.

As he gave his wife and baby a kiss and a hug, she said, "Sam, you be good."  "I always am good, honey!"  With that, she and the baby waved him goodbye, as the boat left the pier and headed out to the open sea.

Sam was looking forward to his free time away from home.  He was also looking forward to spending the next couple of months with his co-worker and lover, Alison.  

As he had told his wife, he was always good.  But he might not always have it both ways.  (150)
 

A Pirate Looks at 40
by Jimmy Buffett




I am participating in Lisa's Book Blurb Friday, from over at Writing in the Buff.   It is fun, and you can play too!  Pretend that the picture on the top of this post is the cover of a book.  On the inside jacket, you have 150 words to entice the reader to buy your book.  Lisa gives us a week to think about next week's entry (she's gracious like that).  Please CLICK HERE on Friday to read what everybody else wrote.  To see my other BBF stories, please locate them on the left hand sidebar under the Book Blurb Friday button.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.  Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

4 comments:

Sandra Davies said...

And I suppose she knew that and had A Plan ... or else Alison did ... or his fellow crew members ... otherwise there'd be no story to tell, except for counting fish.

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, yes, there's definitely something fishy about this biologist. And with a baby, too, the cad!
I'd buy this book, Kathy.
K

Grandmas Goulash said...

Sam sounds a bit slimy to me. I'm hoping he ends up without his wife or Alison. I'd read that!

Thanks for the video. It was relaxing just to watch it.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

What a scoundrel! Whatever you've got planned for him plot-wise, I'm sure he deserves it. Well done.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":