Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Writing in the Buff: Book Blurb Friday #12: The Biography of Chet Bronze




The Biography of Chet Bronze
 by Kathy Matthews

Known for such hits as I'll Never Fall In Love Again and Kiss An Angel Good Morning, Chet Bronze began his musical career as a small boy playing the flute in his father's foundry. 

Similar to the story of Pinocchio, Chet's creator, Matt Bronze, loved Chet into life, making him into the son that he had never had.  That worked so well, that he did the same with the two little girls pictured above sitting on the bar stools, giving Matt his twin daughters Amy and Beth.  (Matt wisely decided to leave the naked man as he was -- a statue.)  Along with their pet tiger, Boss, the happy family was complete. 

Read this remarkable story about art, music, and how a father's love changed the world by giving us the talented and remarkable Chet Bronze. An enchanting and entertaining read! (141)   

Sometimes I crack myself up.  This is one of those times, lol.


Kiss An Angel Good Morning




I'll Never Fall In Love Again





I am participating in Lisa's Book Blurb Friday, from over at Writing in the Buff.   It is fun, and you can play too!  Pretend that the picture above is the cover of a book.  On the inside jacket, you have 150 words to entice the reader to buy your book.  Lisa gives us a week to think about next week's entry (she's gracious like that).  Please CLICK HERE  to read what everybody else wrote!  

This week's photo is by Sandra Davies from over at "lines of communication".  Please take a minute to visit Sandra's blog and enjoy her work.  Sandra is an awesome writer and a nice lady.



If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

9 comments:

Ms.Daisy said...

Kathy,
This is such a fun take on this week's picture...each figurine has a purpose in this lonely father's life. You have a lively imagination and I would read this book!


~Jean

Susan Fobes said...

What a story-LOL! You did look like you had fun with the blurb this week.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

LOL Light and lively view of the photo for this week's book. Now I want details! Give me more!

Kay L. Davies said...

A wonderful take on the prompt! And the songs! LOL
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

jabblog said...

Magical and great fun! You would enjoy writing this - go on, you know you want to;-)
By the way, when you've finished reorganising your house (it looks great, by the way) could you pop over and sort our house out, please? ALL our rooms are full up and fit to bust . . .

Dorothy Evans said...

mmmm might have liked the naked man to come to life too! (shameless, I know)

Lynn said...

That was funny Kathy! Nice job.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, ladies ... you are all so encouraging! I'll be by to visit soon, if I haven't already. Have a wonderful weekend.

Tammy said...

Fun take! I'd buy that book for sure. Am very curious to know how he does it. And I'm with Dorothy--I would (perhaps UNwisely) want the naked man to come to life....

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":