Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Watery Wednesday #139: McKay Crossing Campground, La Pine OR

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

McKay Crossing Campground is located between Sunriver and La Pine on your way up to the Newberry Caldera.  Turn on Paulina Lake Road off of HWY 97 and drive several miles up the road.  Look for the sign on your left that says McKay Crossing, and follow the gravel road a little ways down until you come to the campground.  


McKay Crossing is rustic with no electricity or running water, but it is very pretty and the campsites are not all cramped in together.
There is a trail down to the swimming area beneath the waterfalls.  We haven't stayed there yet, but I really hope to do that this summer.  It reminds me of being in the valley.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Here are some of my other posts about this beautiful place:  Central Oregon: McKay Crossing Campground  and this one, where the pictures are very clear, because I took them with my "new" camera:
A Drive Up the Mountain.


This is a Watery Wednesday post.  Please CLICK HERE to visit other beautiful watery shots of all kinds from around the world.



At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

6 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

Gorgeous pictures!

fjällripan said...

Very beautiful pictures! So nice with the waterfall! :)

forgetmenot said...

Kathy, What a lovely place to enjoy nature. I do hope you get out there this summer and go camping (swimming under a waterfall--how cool is that). Even without the "modern conveniences", I would still really enjoy it. Thanks for the nice comment on my granddaughter--she is a real "sweetheart" and makes life much more interesting. Hugs to you too. Mickie :)

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Beautiful country you have, and no lack of inspiration. Great photos.

Lynn said...

Nice water shots. I love pictures with water - especially water falls or like that very first picture of yours. That's nice.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Isn't Central Oregon beautiful! We have camped there! Thanks as always for the Oregon fix!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":