Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Lisa Ricard Claro's Writing In The Buff's: Book Blurb Friday

Please scroll down for The Letter "Y", which is the post following this one, when you are done with today's story.  Thanks!


Source:  Christina Claro ~ Lisa Ricard Claro ~ Writing In The Buff
Clear Vision

Walking during the heat of the day down Route 66 in the Arizona desert, Rosie was bruised, exhausted, and extremely thirsty.  The road sign said “Oatman – 3 miles”.  Comforted that a town was nearby, her spirits lifted for the first time since she had sneaked out of that son-of-a-bitch Roger’s motorhome at 2:00 in the morning.  Hiding in the sagebrush a mile off the highway the rest of last night, Rosie was so relieved to be away from that man. 

Enough was enough.  Rosie had put in her time and tried to make it work, but now she had nothing left to lose by leaving.  Rosie had the feeling that she would have literally lost her life if she would have stayed.  Taking off her rose-colored glasses had been a necessity.

Read how this courageous, strong woman rebuilds her life through the kindness and help of others on Route 66. (150)




I am participating in Lisa's Book Blurb Friday, from over at Writing in the Buff.   It is fun, and you can play too!  Pretend that the picture on the top of this post is the cover of a book.  On the inside jacket, you have 150 words to entice the reader to buy your book.  Lisa gives us a week to think about next week's entry (she's gracious like that).  Please CLICK HERE  to read what everybody else wrote!



If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

12 comments:

liberal sprinkles said...

hey, here's a woman standing up for herself. YAY! Go Rosie!!

Arkansas Patti said...

Sometimes we all need to take those rose colored glasses off. Keep walking Rosie.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Good for Rosie! And you've given us a teaser with the Route 66 tidbit. Lots of fodder for a great story there...I can just imagine the cast of characters she comes across during her escape. Terrific blurb, Kathy!

BECKY said...

Fabulous book blurb, Kathy! You are an awesome writer!!

Susan Fobes said...

What a wonderful start to what looks like a very heart warming story! It left me with so many questions-how bad was it, why she is walking...I know it turns out well.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Grace - Yes; better late than never!

Patti - You are so right. Sometimes when they are removed, reality is stark.

Lisa - Thank you! You gave me some good ideas to move forward with this story ... I was at Oatman a few years ago and could really come up with some good stuff.

Becky - Thank you too! What a compliment, and I appreciate it so much. Thanks for stopping by to visit, I've missed you.

Susan - Oh, thank you! You have given me some good ideas too. The funny thing is, I think I know some of the answers already. I'm very tempted to write this story out.

Have a wonderful weekend, ladies!

Kathy

Ellie Garratt said...

This is an awesome book blurb. I would read her story!

Book Blurb Friday

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, Ellie!

Kay L. Davies said...

You got me at the first mention of Route 66, the road I've always wanted to drive. A tempting book blurb, for sure.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, Kay!

Tammy said...

This was such a visual one, I can already see it as a movie of the week. Go Rosie!

Grandma's Goulash said...

In just a few words, you've got me hooked on the story and ready to cheer Rose to victory. Well done.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":