Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Old Johnson Photos: "Trolling for Summers, Arkansas Cousins"

I woke up this morning and copied these pictures of my Grandpa John "Delmar" Johnson and Grandma Beulah "Agnes" Summers Johnson, my Dad's parents.  I borrowed them from a family member last night, and I hadn't seen the first one below before. By posting it on here, I would like to find some more of my Arkansas cousins.  If you are one, please email me at:  oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com  ... thanks!


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
Top Row (left to right):  Mabel Johnson Henderson, John "Delmar" Johnson, Beulah "Agnes" Summers Johnson, Chloe Johnson Hawley.

Bottom Row (left to right):  Wayne Henderson, Carl "Kit" Johnson holding baby Loyce, Lillian Johnson holding baby Joyce, George "Joe" Johnson holding son J.D. Johnson, Peobedean and the shadow of Laura Johnson (George's wife).


The following two pictures were in Grandma and Grandpa's house the whole time that I was growing up:

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Kenny, Agnes, Delmar, Loveta and 
Ralph (my Dad) Johnson, mid-1940's



 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


Grandpa Delmar, Grandma Agnes, Uncle Kenny, 
Aunt Loveta, and Dad, 1958


Okay, I couldn't stand staying away from Sepia Saturday this week after all.  Though this isn't the post that I had planned, I did attend my first Mariner's game last summer.  Here is the link to that post; it isn't a bit Sepia but it is aptly named:  My First Mariners Game, June 18, 2011.

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


Also, this week I did a post about Ichiro's first game as a NYY, and you can "CLICK HERE" to read about that.  I still plan on doing a baseball post about Cary and the 1959 LA Dodgers soon though.  

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Fun fact about me:  I have a huge crush on Johnny Damon.  If you want to be my BFF, please have him sign something for me and send it my way!  Just kiddin'.  Kinda.

So, there you are, my friends.  If you enjoyed this story, please visit my Sepia Saturday friends by "CLICKING HERE" to find other neat photos and stories.  To read more about my family and other stories featuring old photos, memories and more, please look for this picture of me and my dad on the left-hand sidebar and read whatever else catches your fancy.  Also, there is a list of my Sepia Saturday friends blogs below the football stuff, if you want to find some more like-minded and wonderful people.  Thanks so much for visiting!


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

10 comments:

21 Wits said...

What an enjoyable post. Your pictures are just great, and I am so jealous how you have so many wonderful old photos and the family memories. The sizes of them too. So many of my old family photos are so small, and many not so good in appearance when I try to expand them...oh well, I'm still searching and asking some of my older relatives for pictures please!!!1

Kathy said...

I wish I could say that I am a cousin, but I'm not. Good luck with that. I just started Sepia Saturday a few weeks ago and found that when I didn't participate last week I really missed it. Addicting!

Queen Bee said...

Kathy, enjoyed your post as always. Isn't it wonderful to find "new" old photos of our families? I'm sure you were excited to see the pics and share them on your website. Good luck connecting with new cousins.

Great pics of your dad's family. Fun to see the contrast between the two photos and everyone all grown up.

Little Nell said...

These family photos are great.The expression on little Lovita's face in the second one is priceless, and then we see her grown into a lovely young woman. I see you are managing to have fun this weekend then Kathy.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Is that Johnny Damon? If so, I can understand your crush. :)

Alan Burnett said...

Glad you couldn't keep away. And there are few finer feelings of anticipation than feeding a "new" old photograph into the scanner and examining in detail what appears on the screen.

Arkansas Patti said...

Usually I don't like long locks and facial hair but on him it looks great. Much better than his cleaned up look today.

Bruno Laliberté said...

I see Delmar passed down his good genes to his kids.
:)~
HUGZ

Wendy said...

I don't see the Mariners very often on tv, but I always like their uniforms.

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

Kathy, wonderful family photos and memories of your dad as a small boy and smart looking young man.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":