Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: email@example.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.
My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.
~ Kathy M.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
To find your photos, click on the Pioneer Research/Gen. picture on the lower right hand side. When you get to the next page, click on "The Wards" on the right hand side, near the bottom of the page. I have many more to post, but here is a beginning. Thanks for checking it out!
Miss Grace Kelly
As we were flipping through the channels this morning, TCM was playing Alford Hitchcock's 1954 film Rear Window featuring Grace Kelly and Jimmy Stewart. If you have never seen it, please make a point of it.
It is an excellent movie, but the best part of it for me is watching the beautiful Grace in her beautiful clothes.
(In fact, if you are one who knows how to design and sew, I bet if you introduced the dresses that Ms. Kelly wore in this film and sold them today, you would make a lot of money. Try it. I'll buy one. Though it won't be a size 5.)
Just two more things: As far as being a "10", Bo Derek has nothing on Grace Kelly; and if you want to see more pictures of the princess in Rear Window, click here: http://www.gracekellyonline.com/ and then click on "Filmography".
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Cary and I are now on Facebook.com! Apparently so are most people in the world ... if you are not, it is worth checking out. It is like bulk instant messaging with many more extras, and is very easy to sign up for (and it's free!)
Christian Church Family!
To get to our church family website, click on the USCC link on the right hand side of this page, near the bottom of the page. It will take you to the new USCC website. When you get there, make sure to check out the Facebook link; where the lunches are; and the prayer requests.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
This is my husband a few years back. Before I knew him. Before he was my husband. When this picture was taken, he was Susan's husband. All I can say is, lucky you, Susan, he's a cutie!
When he was a cop, (a command officer with the Washington State Patrol when he reitred) my BFH swore something to the tune about being there to serve and to protect. And, do you know what? That is who he is, and that is what he does to this day. He takes care of his family, his employees ... and continues to fight for justice. I am so very proud of him, and I count my blessings every day to have found this man.
Love you, Best Friend Husband!
Models Shelly and Kathy featuring the latest in teen fashion ... plaid ponchos with tams designed and created by master seamstress, Grandma Agnes Johnson.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Today, Tyler turns 15 years old. Happy birthday, to you! We wish that were were in Kansas to celebrate your big day. The picture above was taken when Tyler was 22 months and Halie was 4 months.
Have a wonderful birthday; we love you, and hope to see you soon.
Grandpa Cary and Grandma Kathy
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Jill is my stepmom. I am glad that I only had to have one of them, and that she is that one. She married my dad 28-years-ago, and has been a wonderful addition to our family. She has always been nice to our mom. She makes great ham dinners and always remembers to make the green pistashio pudding that I love. She gives us thoughtful gifts, listens without judgement, comes to our weddings and graduations ... and Jill takes excellent care of our dad.
Times have not been easy over the past few years, especially when her boy Jeff died, but she keeps trying and keeps moving forward. We just want to say thank you for being in our family, and that we love you very much! Happy Birthday, Jill ... have fun in the sun in Arizona, and God bless you!
My sister has a wonderful story posted today on her blog. Actually she has a long list of wonderful stories, but today's post is especially timely. Go check it out when you have a minute, it will make you think ... and remember.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
I just think this is sort of weird. I took this picture of Craig Robinson last Saturday evening at the OSU basketball game; being across the court from him and a few rows up. Coach Craig is the one in the black suit on the right:
And then, this morning, we were watching Coach Craig on t.v. Look! He is wearing his OSU scarf! Today he is sitting with the President and the President's Wife at the inaguration in Washington D.C. Today, he isn't only Coach Craig, he is Michelle Obama's brother .. and gets a front row seat at one of the most historical events in my lifetime. I don't know why I find this noteworthy, it just seems interesting that we are all tied together so easily these days through travel and technology.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Here is a recent picture of Graycn ... Angi and Tim's niece that we have been praying for. Please pray for her healing, and for a new heart or for her own heart to heal so that she will not need a new one. Graycn has been in the hospital since Christmas Eve, and has had nearly 79,000 visits to her hospital website during that time. If you would like to visit her website and give her an encouraging message, the address is:
You will need to provide your email address and sign in to access this site.
Also, go to Graycn's dad's website and watch her peform the song that she wrote before she got sick:
Relaxed BFH in comfy recliner.
Sink fountain in OSU campus McMenamins.
We chose the $25.00 seats, but it turned out that we were up really high and in the last row of seats with a back ... the people behind us were on benches, but they could spread out and relax for $12.00. Live and learn. We were on the correct side to see the girls and the coach, so that was a bonus.
We could easily see the girls, and I zoomed in to take pictures of them playing their saxaphones in their prom dresses. Come to find out, the band picks a theme each time they play, and though there wasn't really a prom that night, the theme was prom, so Kelsey and Laura wore prom dresses. Kelsey was in royal blue and Laura was in pink. They were beautiful, if I say so myself.
Another celeberty at the game was the OSU coach, Craig Robinson (aka: Michelle Obama's brother!). We did have good seats for taking pictures of him too, though some are blurry because of double zooming. Still, some turned out well. He is in the brown suit and looks like his sister.
OSU played well for the first half, but they got creamed in the end. Oh, well. I do have advice for the president's brother-in-law ... drop the zone defense and let those boys hot shot a bit! I'm just sayin' ...
Here are some pictures of our Jacoby Ellsbury on the wall in the hallway. Jacoby is from Madras, Oregon and is now playing for the Boston Red Sox. We love you, Jacoby!
(I think I gave the guy selling shirts an idea. I asked him if he had any Jacoby Ellsbury shirts. He said no. I asked him if he had any Jamie Burke shirts. He said no ... it isn't baseball season yet, we only have basketball shirts. But I could see his brain cranking away ... make up some shirts of those guys that used to go to OSU and then went pro .... I'd buy some, that is for sure!)
The pep band.
The band rocks out. They were really good.
Okay, down in front (standing on the white letters) are the saxaphone players, Laura in pink, Kelsey in blue and their co-workers. Great job, ladies!
Posts About Oregon:
- 2013 Cemetery Tour
- A Drive Along The Oregon Outback: Summer Lake Hot Springs
- Ashland, Oregon's Lodging Options
- Ashland, Oregon: Lithia Park in the Fall
- Beautiful Oregon Pictures
- Belknap Host Springs Resort: Upper Level
- Belknap Hot Springs Resort, McKenzie River Valley OR
- Belknap Springs Resort - "The Not So Secret Gardens"
- Belknap Springs Resort and Gardens: The Loge Area
- Belknap Springs Resort: "The Secret Garden"
- Blue River, McKenzie River Valley OR
- Clear Lake Resort, McKenzie River Valley OR
- Clearwater Falls, Hwy 138
- Colliding Rivers Viewpoint
- Collier Logging Museum
- Collier Logging Museum: Pioneer Village
- Coos Bay Trip #1: The Mill Casino
- Coos Bay Trip #2: Sea Gulls and Pier
- Coos Bay Trip #3: Fisherman's Wharf
- Coos Bay Trip #4: Cape Arago Area
- Cougar (Terwilliger) Hot Springs Lagoon
- Cougar Dam, Blue River OR
- Cougar Logoon and Old Growth Hiking Trail in The McKenzie River Valley of Oregon
- Cougar Reservoir Old Growth HIke, McKenzie River Valley
- Devil's Punch Bowl State Park
- Devil's Punch Bowl State Park Photos #2
- Drain, Oregon: The Drain Castle
- Drain, Oregon: The Hassard House
- Fish Lake #1, McKenzie River Valley OR
- Fish Lake Revisited (July 2009)
- God's Country Part 2: The Beaver Trail at Holiday Farms in Rainbow, Oregon
- God's Country Part I: The Park at Holiday Farms RV Park in Rainbow, Oregon
- Grass Valley, Oregon
- Green Waters Park, Oakridge OR
- Herbert Hoover Visits The McKenzie River Valley of Oregon
- Holiday Farms RV Resort in Rainbow, OR
- I Dream of Eugene "Eugene in the Spring"
- I Dream of Eugene: "J.W. Quackenbush's Hardware Store"
- I Dream of Eugene: "Just where was that Skinner Cabin?"
- I Dream of Eugene: A History Lesson on the Sidewalk
- I Dream of Eugene: The 5th Street Market
- I Dream of Eugene: The 5th Street Market Mural
- Link to my Central Oregon Blog
- Link to my McKenzie River Valley of Oregon Blog
- Living at Camp Christian, Walterville OR
- Lookout Point and Dexter Lakes
- McCreadie Hot Springs Photos
- McCredie Day Use Site
- McKenzie River Valley: Delta Campground
- McKenzie Station Espresso and Inn at McKenzie Bridge
- Naked in Nature: McCredie Hot Springs
- Newport, Oregon #1
- Newport, Oregon: Historic Bay Front and Fisherman's Wharf
- Newport, Oregon: Historic Nye Beach
- Newport, Oregon: The Oregon Coast Aquarium
- Newport, Oregon: The Oregon Coast Aquarium 2009
- Newport, Oregon: Views of Yaquina Bay State Park
- North Fork of the Willamette River Near Oakridge
- North Santiam River State Park
- Odell Lake
- Olallie Campground: Upper McKenzie River
- Pringle Falls Experimental Forest in La Pine
- Rainbow, Oregon Area: Feb. 2009
- Sahalie Falls, McKenzie River OR
- Salt Creek Falls, Highway 58 at Willamette Pass
- Seaside, Oregon: A Weekend of 6th Grade Basketball
- Seaside, Oregon: On the Beach
- Seaside, Oregon: The Carousel
- Seaside, Oregon: Window Shopping
- Shadow Shots from Around Oregon
- Shahalie Falls
- Shelter Cover Resort at Odell Lake, Oregon
- Silverton, Oregon Video
- South Santiam River: Fernview Campground
- Taking the Long Way Home Part I: Unity, Fall Creek, Lowell
- Taking the Long Way Home Part II: Westfir, Oakridge, Highway 58
- The Astoria Column in Astoria, Oregon
- The Columbus Day Storm
- The Dreaded Scotch Broom
- The Hassard House Becomes Sweet Thang Chocolates
- The Hassard House Becomes Sweet Thang Chocolates
- The Hotel Elliott in Astoria, Oregon
- The Hotel McCredie and McCredie Hot Springs
- The Lightship Columbia
- The McKenzie River Valley #1
- The Oregon (Portland) Zoo
- The Rustic Skillet in Rainbow, OR
- Train Mountain in Chiloquin, OR
- Trapper Creek at Odell Lake
- Unity Bridge at Fall Creek
- Warm Springs Photos 2008
- Wicopee Fields and The Frazier Slide
- Winter on the North Fork and Willamette: Oakridge Rest Area
"More Blog Friends"
"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"
"Writing and Poetry Blogs":
- Cathy C.'s Hall of Fame
- Claudia's Page
- Donna's Book Pub
- Elizabeth Mueller
- Emma's LLM Calling
- Fireside Park - Tony Benson
- Gumbo Justice
- Katie O'Sullivan
- Laura Howard's Finding Bliss
- Margo Benson
- Musings From The Moment
- Napple Notes
- Rinkly Rimes
- She Writes Members Blogs
- So You Want to be a Writer
- The Art of Being Broken
- The Publishing Virgin
- Womens Memoirs
- Write From the Heart
"Spiritual and Inspirational Blogs"
"My Blog List"
- A Southern Daydreamer
- Coloring Outside the Lines
- Dusty Us Diaries
- Faith, Hope and a Whole Lotta Love
- Heart's Content
- In Amazing Graceland
- Martha's Musings
- Meditations of My Heart
- My Arts Desire
- My Garden Haven
- My Heart's Content
- My Photography in Focus
- Old Forest
- Patina Moon
- Photographers of Esty
- Photographers of Esty Blog
- Pioneer Woman
- Smiling Sally's Blue Monday
- Snapshots of Bombay
- Stamp Mouse
- The Feathered Nest
- Tina's Pic Story
- Watery Wednesday
"Book Clubs and Book Blogs":
"Food and Cooking Blogs"
"Decorating and Homemaking Blogs":
"Art/Craft and Sewing/Quilting Blogs":
"M.E., Vintage, Cherry and Shabby Chic Blogs":
"Marriage and Family Blogs"
Frugal Living and Coupon Sites:
More neat blogs and websites to check out!
Links and Resources:
- "Getting the Hang of the Business End of Things" for Writers
- 1859 Oregon Magazine
- 20 Search.com
- Art-e-zine: Vintage Resources
- Bend Blogs.com
- Bend Bulleitn: Bend Events for the Week
- Bend: Survival Common Sense Blog
- Big Huge Labs.com
- Bing/Windows Live Pictures
- Book Blogger Directory
- Book Catcher.com
- Chickens in the Road.com
- Cottage Hill's Linky List
- Deb Gould
- Earth Files.com
- Easy Bread Recipe
- El.com - Oregon Links
- Eugene Police Reports
- Explore Central Oregon
- Family Old Photos.com
- Fracture Me Photo Frames Website
- Free Genealogy Websites
- Free Photo Effects
- Free Photo Sources
- Free University Writing Classes
- Google Books
- Hack Bend: What's Going On In Bend OR
- Historic Photo Archive.com
- How to make your own postcards.
- Indie Fixx's Feed Your Soul: Free Art!
- Is Somebody Stealing Your Blog Content?
- Link to Curtis Irish's Collection on Flicker
- List of 5106 Oregon Landmarks
- Lost Oregon Links
- MLB - Home Page
- MLB - Mariners
- MLB - Rays
- MLB - Red Sox
- MLB - Yankees
- Make Your Own Slide Show
- Malibu Recovery Center Blog
- Meme-Aholoics List of Meme Parties
- NaNoWriMo Forums
- Nan's Cottage Design Studio
- Nature Photography Blog
- ODOT Webcam and Trip Checks for Central Oregon
- Old Oregon Photos.com
- Oregon Hiking.com
- Oregon Hot Springs Map
- Oregon Wildfire Info
- Pacific Crest Stock Photos.com
- Photo Friday.com
- Photo Secrets.com
- Plumrose Lane
- Project Gutenberg: Free Books!
- Publication Studio: Books on Demand
- Publishing Syndicate.com
- RV Parks.com
- Salem History - Old Oregon Photos
- Skool Days Nostalgia Blog
- Southern Oregon History Website
- Surnames in Douglas County, Oregon - Linkpendium
- Survival Center.com
- The Oregon Encyclopedia and The Willamette River
- The Publicity Primer (From Shannon at The Warrior Muse)
- Tom's Book Publishing Blog
- Visit USA.com
- Western Americana
- Word Hippo
- Writer Beware!