Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sepia Saturday #100: The Johnson Children, Summers Arkansas


Today marks Sepia Saturday's 100th week!  Yay, and congratulations to Alan, Kat and the rest.  This is such a fun group of people to be a part of.  I am so happy that I discovered Sepia Saturday in February.  If you have old pictures that you would like to share, please do.  Just "CLICK HERE" to learn more, or to see what others have posted.


This week, I am just sharing some photos of my Dad's side of the family, the Johnsons of Summers, Arkansas.  The only thing that has to do with "100" might be the second photo, which is around 99 years old, if I have done my math right.  I thank my cousins Suzanne and Carolyn for the use of their Facebook photos for this post.  The slide show I made myself, awhile back.

 Source:  Suzanne Henderson Smith Photos
This picture is of my Great-Grandmother, Sallie Hunton Johnson, my Grandpa Delmar's mother.  I made a post in March that has my Great-Grandpa John Chadwick Johnson's obituary and a photo of the family home:  The Johnsons of Summers, Arkansas.

 Source:  Suzanne Henderson Smith Photos
Mabel, Delmar (my Grandpa), George (Joe) and Carl Johnson, 
c. 1912.  Summers, Arkansas

Source:  Carolyn Hawley Photos

My cousin Carolyn has the baby christening dress that the Johnson babies wore, framed on her wall.


Source:  Suzanne Henderson Smith Photos

This may have been taken in 1975, when my family went back to Summers to visit everybody.  Here, the kids are all grown up, and have a baby sister.  Standing up in the back are Carl, Mabel, and Chloe.  Sitting down are George (Joe) and Delmar.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

16 comments:

Little Nell said...

Kathy you’ve done us proud again. That slide show is new to me, but what a treasure. It was just like turning the pages of a well-loved family album. I have to say i love that first picture of the kids at the top of your post. the boys looked so fed-up. I wonder what went on before the picture was taken!

Arkansas Patti said...

Enjoyed the slide show. Ralph was a real cutie.

21 Wits said...

Oh what a great tribute and post for this special edition to Sepia Saturday! I always have to laugh everytime I catch the part in your opening header that metions Chatty Kathy! My best friend in high school and junior high was a Kathy special with a C and we always teased her about the Chatty Cathy doll! Have a great weekend!

Postcardy said...

I hadn't seen that slide show before. It is fun seeing Ralph at different ages.

Christine H. said...

How wonderful to see the childhood photos and then those kids all grown up. Great post as always.

Nancy said...

I'm amazed at how many photos you have of your father! I especially like the 2nd still photograph toward the top of your post. The children have their eyes glued to someone or something, but it's not the photographer. At least they were still! That was a great slide show. Thanks!

Tattered and Lost said...

I'm fascinated by all the patterns in the first shot of your Great-grandmother.

The little girl with the baby is priceless. Made even more so with the doll. Now if we could only see who was cut out.

I hope the framed dress is not near any direct light.

Bob Scotney said...

The baby looks on in amazement, This is an amazing post especially the slideshow which I don't remember from before.

Anonymous said...

You have some fantastic photos - so full of life. I love the photo of your Dad with the cap on - so sweet. Jo

Kim, USA said...

Oh my Kathy this is an awesome work. I so wish that we have many pictures of my grandparents and even my parents. We don't have that opportunity in the Philippines. Awesome post!! Happy Sunday!

Alan Burnett said...

Kathy : Thanks, that is a lovely post. Some of those faces seem to have America stamped all over them : all that is best, all that is bravest, all that is most adventurous about the New World. Thanks for being such an important part of Sepia Saturday.

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE sepia photos!!!

forgetmenot said...

Kathy, Love all the old photos--what treasures to have. Sepia always gives an interesting look to photos--a nice change from color. Have a great week. Mickie ;)

Hart Johnson said...

I think my family has some pics from 1975 that look just like that... funny, that an era could make people of a certain age look so generic. teehee.

I love the old pics though. Those pale blue eyes always look sort of haunted in the sepia pics, but i love it.

Brett Payne said...

A wonderful set of old photos, thank you, and a fitting tribute to Sepia Saturday's 100th anniversary.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, everybody! I'm glad that you enjoyed this post; I did too.

Hugs,

Kathy

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":