Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

A - Z Challenge: "G" is for Giraffe

During the month of April, I am participating in the Blogging From A-Z April 2012 Challenge, where we post everyday except for Sundays. I have decided to make flashcards for the letter of the day out of my photos, and then use the picture as a writing prompt. I am then using my Thesaurus to build a story with as many words as I can beginning with the letter "G", and still have it make sense.  I never know how these is going to end up!

Thank you for your visit, and please come back again tomorrow! I'll be by to visit those who leave me comments, and also visit as many others as I can. If you like what you see, please feel free to become my newest follower. ~ Kathy M. 


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

 "Granny's Pants Loses Girdle"
 by Kathy Matthews

Gads.  A half-an-hour west of Grants Pass, in Granny's Pants, lives a community of giraffes.  They have a gentle and gallant governor named Gus, a community garden, a geriatric home for giraffes and a gigantic sculpture of a girdle.

The Gentry family lives in the giraffe community.  Gary is a glassmaker, Gini is a girl-Friday, Gabby glares a lot and Gabe loves to game.  The Gentrys glide through town in their glittery and gas guzzling Galaxy 500, looking good. 

The local gossip is that the girdle sculpture is going to have to go.  This news was hard to grasp, and folks were grappling with the grim news that the government was "graciously" granting the community funds for a windmill to be placed on the ground where the girdle now stood. 

There was a lot of grumbling in Granny's Pants, but the government felt no guilt.


A to Z Participant List

Following the theme of the of the alphabet, I am also featuring this out-of-print book created by a couple of Oregon ladies in 1983.  Please come back tomorrow to see the next page in the series:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

  Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews




At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.  Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

3 comments:

SweetMarie83 said...

That's fantastic! How clever, and what a great idea for the challenge. Really well done. :-)

Grammy said...

Hi, I loved the post! I, too, am a grandmother (great grandma too) and no longer have the love of my life near me. He passed on to be with our Lord nearly two years ago. I recognize the embroidery thread, since I use it too. Thank you for an entertaining post! Glad to meet you and that you are taking part in the challenge. Best regards to you, Ruby

Wendy said...

Amazing that you can keep this up EVERY DAY. I can't wait for Q and X.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":